shopping vs bar scene

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

shopping vs bar scene

Postby bobo » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:16 am

I heard that Chinese people prefer shopping and eating- out than going to bars. Is this the case in Jiangsu? By the way, I will be visiting the province in a few months.
bobo
Esquire

Re: shopping vs bar scene

Postby jj » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:51 am

depends, some people like shopping and also there are not many western-style bars to begin with
jj

Postby bill » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:01 pm

I prefer bars anyway.
the international beer festival was just over today in Kunshan, Suzhou. There were wonderful Germany beer brands.
bill
Zijue / Viscount

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:39 pm

no offence but bars suck. you go there only after you run out of things to do

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:50 am

i don't like to go to bars either. but if you don't like it then you don't need to go and it doesn't mean that you go because "you run of of things to do". i know a plenty of friends who go to bars but they still have very fulfilling lives.

Guest wrote:no offence but bars suck. you go there only after you run out of things to do

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:19 am

I think different type of personalities prefer different type of activities. And I agree that going to bars doesn't imply that one has run out of things to do.

Postby fu » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:36 am

so your friend got fulfilling lives? then why go to the bar that is left to the losers. you are contradicting yourself, rofl
fu

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:43 am

rofl yourself. and in what ways am i contradicting myself?!

simply put, if you don't like something, it doesn't mean others won't. an example would be if you don't like alcohol, then don't drink. and there are plenty of successful people who love to drink and they are not losers

fu wrote:so your friend got fulfilling lives? then why go to the bar that is left to the losers. you are contradicting yourself, rofl

Postby bobo » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:45 pm

Chill out folks. Thanks for the interesting responses.
bobo
Esquire

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Guest wrote:no offence but bars suck. you go there only after you run out of things to do

you go there to kill time =]

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation