New poll: What don't you like?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What annoys you the most when you are in Jiangsu? Choose up to two from below:

Bad drivers
16%
Be called a foreigner
8%
Dirty toilet
20%
Haggling
2%
Jaywalkers
2%
Loud talkers
5%
No Good Morning or Good Bye
2%
No home central heating
5%
Pollution
13%
Spitting
18%
Theft
5%
Other
4%

Total votes : 1082

Re: New poll: What don't you like?

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:20 am

2008 Olympics Beijing caused a lot of change and imporve in people's manners including courtesy and behavour. We cross fingers for Shanghia Expo.
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jdor » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:48 am

skinnykiwi1 wrote:2008 Olympics Beijing caused a lot of change and imporve in people's manners including courtesy and behavour. We cross fingers for Shanghia Expo.

see what will happen :)
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby chinese » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:58 pm

So why you guys still stay here ? Why not go back home asap???!!!
chinese

Postby liveuk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:00 am

chinese wrote:So why you guys still stay here?

Because my colleagues and I are invited and paid to work here, teaching kids and university students.

chinese wrote:Why not go back home asap???!!!

Because we are requested for one more year contract by school and university authorities. We have been happy till now.
liveuk
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jiangsunewcomer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:46 am

traffic chaos! people just don't follow the rules! :roll:
jiangsunewcomer

Postby ciie-do » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:17 am

modernization vs pollution: dilemmatic face-off
ciie-do

Postby chinese 2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 pm

chinese wrote:So why you guys still stay here ? Why not go back home asap???!!!

4 great reasons to worry in JIangsu

#4 so many corrupt drivers who do not have liability insurance, and who drive away from wreck if someone get hurts
I watch a man on scooter run into whole family on other scooter, with foods and fruit, all feel down and could not get out from under scooter, woman was crying, food everywhere...the man on first scooter wave fingers shout curses and zoom away....China people not very nice sometime that way...like big baby

#3 Public toilet so close to trash piles and across street from cafe and restaurant. I think the fly carry e.coli into cafe get on food. That why many people pucking up in the streets in Jiangsu. No one care about this. Chinese people maybe think that too big a problem to worry about right now.

#2 People spit on street. Someone told me the diseases, tuberculosis, mycobacterium, Sars, H1N1 all spread by air. People coughing, sneezing & spitting send those germs everywhere for all of us to breath in. Well the Chinese tradition won't never change because we have many stubborn things in our minds, not just tuberculosis. Our nice leaders also let our farmers use melamine. Our government manufacures pet food with insect killer into it. The schools in some cities are not safe because bribes and corruption better for money than children heart beats. I young and know, we have too many children here to be happy. We can feel how the traditions of history will never change.

#1 Lack of empathy will never allow Jinagsu people to enter prime time world. Last week I watch poor woman alone on bicycle hit by car, fell unconscious, the men in the car yell at her when she waked up. The police reported the men at guilty, not woman. The taxi took her to hospital, she still get yelling and pointing by men and their family, while she sit for several hours, bleeding from her head. The sad part is no one cared for her at all. The hospital waited for arguing to end. The police waiting to finish their reporting. Everyone wait for the Han men to finish try to make her feel so bad and make her crying and afraid.
I not very old and no guanxi so what can i do? That is just like Jiangsu, and so goes China.

Foreigners also not very welcoming here because the moneis are good but too many people make everyone so edgy...plus Han men do not like other racials.
It is so easy to control people, and act mean, because man have some power or moneis, even cause pain to other woman just to save penny of care.
chinese 2

Postby alexss » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:38 am

chinese 2 wrote:

4 great reasons to worry in JIangsu

#4 so many corrupt drivers who do not have liability insurance, and who drive away from wreck if someone get hurts
I watch a man on scooter run into whole family on other scooter, with foods and fruit, all feel down and could not get out from under scooter, woman was crying, food everywhere...the man on first scooter wave fingers shout curses and zoom away....China people not very nice sometime that way...like big baby

#3 Public toilet so close to trash piles and across street from cafe and restaurant. I think the fly carry e.coli into cafe get on food. That why many people pucking up in the streets in Jiangsu. No one care about this. Chinese people maybe think that too big a problem to worry about right now.

#2 People spit on street. Someone told me the diseases, tuberculosis, mycobacterium, Sars, H1N1 all spread by air. People coughing, sneezing & spitting send those germs everywhere for all of us to breath in. Well the Chinese tradition won't never change because we have many stubborn things in our minds, not just tuberculosis. Our nice leaders also let our farmers use melamine. Our government manufacures pet food with insect killer into it. The schools in some cities are not safe because bribes and corruption better for money than children heart beats. I young and know, we have too many children here to be happy. We can feel how the traditions of history will never change.

#1 Lack of empathy will never allow Jinagsu people to enter prime time world. Last week I watch poor woman alone on bicycle hit by car, fell unconscious, the men in the car yell at her when she waked up. The police reported the men at guilty, not woman. The taxi took her to hospital, she still get yelling and pointing by men and their family, while she sit for several hours, bleeding from her head. The sad part is no one cared for her at all. The hospital waited for arguing to end. The police waiting to finish their reporting. Everyone wait for the Han men to finish try to make her feel so bad and make her crying and afraid.
I not very old and no guanxi so what can i do? That is just like Jiangsu, and so goes China.

Foreigners also not very welcoming here because the moneis are good but too many people make everyone so edgy...plus Han men do not like other racials.
It is so easy to control people, and act mean, because man have some power or moneis, even cause pain to other woman just to save penny of care.

many good points :)
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby clearly » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 pm

spitting ughhhhhh. so disgusting but everywhere!! some rural places are the worst i have seen so far!
clearly

Postby jackphil » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 am

chinese 2 wrote:

Our nice leaders also let our farmers use melamine. Our government manufacures pet food with insect killer into it.

A few Chinese newspapers report the melamine-tainted milk products are discovered again in market this year...Its shocking that ... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 84788.html
jackphil

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation