New poll: What don't you like?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What annoys you the most when you are in Jiangsu? Choose up to two from below:

Bad drivers
16%
Be called a foreigner
8%
Dirty toilet
20%
Haggling
2%
Jaywalkers
2%
Loud talkers
5%
No Good Morning or Good Bye
2%
No home central heating
5%
Pollution
13%
Spitting
18%
Theft
5%
Other
4%

Total votes : 1082

Re: New poll: What don't you like?

Postby toobad » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:07 pm

There are a lot of cons and pros in China. Things happen here that you might never imagine from your own country. But if you have to stay thus you have to adapt yourself. Enjoy your time!
toobad

Postby Ironthumb » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:53 am

The thing that bugs me the most is cutting in line. It drives me crazy when I'm standing in line and other people push their way to the front. Can't stand it..
Ironthumb
Qishi / Knight

Postby juicylicious » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:31 pm

can i just check all???????? damn! all of the above annoys me...so so much....lucky if u cant find any of it here in china lol...
juicylicious
Esquire

Postby jdor » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:08 am

pick up bad drivers. they have a lot of regulations but just don't follow. the situation is much better on most newly-built expressways and a road toll may eliminate most mad drivers.
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jiangsuexpat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:16 am

bad air of couse...makes me cough a lot. when I was back to my home country it cured within days.
jiangsuexpat

Postby giligran » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:06 pm

bad traffic/and rude drivers
giligran

Postby killtime » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:39 am

hate all the listings :evil: :twisted:
killtime

Postby clair07 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:38 am

A tied race: bad toilet vs spitting... competing for the worst. What does it indicate/hint?
clair07
Baijue / Earl

Postby liveuk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:43 am

Indicating more complainings on personal behaviors than publick infrastructures. I consider only "bad toilet" can be counted for the category of public infrastructures but the rest are behavior or education -related.
liveuk
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Doubletrouble » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Im 1 of those awful parents who let their kids pee in the street. We are an intergrated family, as in I (am euro) live with my husband and his parents (as a lot of chinese do) My MIL has taught me how the chinese "potty train" their kids, as disp nappys here are crappy and expensive. It involves a whistling sound and a tree in the street or a gutter as you hold your baby to shushu (pee) My older son just whipps his nickers down anywhere- much to my horror and I have to stop him. Like I have said we use the gutter or some plant to shushu into BUT some parents dont. I have seen kids poop in the middle of the hospital floor and the grandparents just leave it :evil: - some people are really gross.
I dont like to haggle and I know the price is always way overblowen because Im a forgiener and I hate that.
I hate people touching and grabbing at my kids :x
I think the squat toilets are smelly but mostly more hygenic for public use then sitdown 1s. They were Blardy awful when I was preggy though, had some close calls to falling in afew times! I have seen shoe prints on sit down toilets and that really made think.
Electricity seems to be expensive here. in winter we had a bill 1 month over 1100 kwai, everybody else in the building had 3-500 kwai, :o while my mum in Beijing enjoys her central heating so cheaply (it is gas though)
Doubletrouble
Zijue / Viscount

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation