New poll: What don't you like?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What annoys you the most when you are in Jiangsu? Choose up to two from below:

Bad drivers
16%
Be called a foreigner
8%
Dirty toilet
20%
Haggling
2%
Jaywalkers
2%
Loud talkers
5%
No Good Morning or Good Bye
2%
No home central heating
5%
Pollution
13%
Spitting
18%
Theft
5%
Other
4%

Total votes : 1082

Re: New poll: What don't you like?

Postby MaxEnglish » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Dirty toilet are very bad here and being stared at many times each day, often people in the bumpkin north of JiangSu have never seen a foreigner so they will stand and stare, or even hit or poke you, and or touch your hair like you are some strange freak of nature! It's not nice here in the poor backward cities for foreigners.
MaxEnglish

Postby pissing and shitting in the street » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Here in the bumpkin north of Jiangsu "some people" just squat down where they like and do their business on the road or pathment!

My Wife is Chinese (well educated and from the city) and was shocked at the bumpkin people here and their behavour!
pissing and shitting in the street

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 am

some counties in this region including SiYang are backward and poor for the north of Jiangsu, comparing with the province's rich southern counterpart.
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby English Knight » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:28 pm

skinnykiwi1 wrote:some counties in this region including SiYang are backward and poor for the north of Jiangsu, comparing with the province's rich southern counterpart.

yes, my wife and I like the south of Jiangsu, there are indeed many interesting things to do and see there and people are mostly clean and normal. It is just the north that can be very strange, dirty and backward.

Southern Jiangsu is rich in culture and can offer a modern life style, sadly this time we decided to try the north of Jiangsu, as we had never heard much about it and thought it maybe a hidden treasure yet to be descovered (BIG MISTAKE). Our best advise is to avoid the north of Jiangsu, as there is nothing to see or do here!
English Knight

Postby KPT » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:39 am

English Knight wrote:
skinnykiwi1 wrote:some counties in this region including SiYang are backward and poor for the north of Jiangsu, comparing with the province's rich southern counterpart.

yes, my wife and I like the south of Jiangsu, there are indeed many interesting things to do and see there and people are mostly clean and normal. It is just the north that can be very strange, dirty and backward.

Southern Jiangsu is rich in culture and can offer a modern life style, sadly this time we decided to try the north of Jiangsu, as we had never heard much about it and thought it maybe a hidden treasure yet to be descovered (BIG MISTAKE). Our best advise is to avoid the north of Jiangsu, as there is nothing to see or do here!

best of wishes!
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jennwfinch » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 am

never been to there
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Hilla_7 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:30 am

Haggling is by far the worst for me. primarily because I am very bad at it. I always wind up paying far too much. :oops:

Last edited by Hilla_7 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hilla_7

Postby fatdude » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:40 am

hate tailgated by people in street while walking... you are treated like a mentally ill person by locals.
fatdude

Postby jdor » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:29 am

hi
bad drivers, spitting and smelly toilet...cover your eyes and nose... are the worst three. :twisted: :lol:
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Anth » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 am

Ass vs mouth:
the world's first toothbrush seems from China. :lol:
Anth

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation