New poll: What don't you like?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What annoys you the most when you are in Jiangsu? Choose up to two from below:

Bad drivers
16%
Be called a foreigner
8%
Dirty toilet
20%
Haggling
2%
Jaywalkers
2%
Loud talkers
5%
No Good Morning or Good Bye
2%
No home central heating
5%
Pollution
13%
Spitting
18%
Theft
5%
Other
4%

Total votes : 1082

Re: New poll: What don't you like?

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:47 pm

:D Well what do u think about china????This was also a 3rd world country too isn't it?? I guess that is one of their culture here so we have to accept it anyway we are all a foriegner in this land. To be honest i had been MOB here even the Police they don't even help me .......What more in Korea in Japan??

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:53 pm

[quote="Guest"]:D Well what do u think about china????This was also a 3rd world country too isn't it?? I guess that is one of their culture here so we have to accept it anyway we are all a foriegner in this land. To be honest i had been MOB here even the Police they don't even help me .......What more in Korea in Japan??[/quote]
[quote="LIIMOOM"]DAD DRIVERS ARE EVERYWHERE AND THEY ARE LAWLESSNESS。THE SAME SITUATION YOU CAN SEE IN MANY COUNTRIES IN ASIA,INCLUDING VIETNEM,PHILLIAPIN。 ONLY THING YOU CAN DO FOR THE SITUATION IS TO TRY NOT TO BE HIT.[/quote][quote]THAILAND;MYANMAR;MONGOLIA;SINGAPORE:MALAYSIA

Postby jennwfinch » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:45 am

Squatting toilets are traditional Chinese toilets in most places or in the normal living quarters of the local people. Western style sitting toilet can only be found in hotels and some restaurants. There are seldom a toilet paper roll in the stalls or a soap, and floors may be very messy sometimes. I had known before leaving and expect even the worst. My advise is to bring your own tissue and antisepsis handwash that doesn't require water flushing. Don't try ones in areas where local people live, both of your eyes and nose are suffering.........
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:07 pm

I am not used to using squat toilets. And the pollution is quite prevalent. That is a shame, because Jiangsu is a very beautiful and wealthy part of China and the world.

Postby ZL » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:05 pm

Well pollution causes alot of the need to cough and spit all the time, so if you add that in pollution wins by a landslide :)
ZL

Postby butterfly » Fri May 09, 2008 8:59 pm

when you know the fact that about 60-70 chinese men are smokers, you'd not be surprised why so many people spit there. :( in 2005, cigarette sales generated $32.5 billion in taxes revenue in the country, approximately 7.6% of the country's total revenue. so why domestic or foreign tobacco companies are all smile with their flourishing sales there. bad thing is that smokers are everywhere and they spit even on rugs or carpets.
butterfly

Postby james.swan » Sun May 18, 2008 4:30 pm

It would have to be spitting. Even in an up market Restaurant while enjoying my dinner, an individual made a revolting noise brought up phlem from his throat, and then unashamedly spat it on the polished timber floor narrowly missing the waiters shoe. 'Expectorate?' Revolting. The tiolets? Well, so what.
james.swan

Postby john n jiangsu » Fri May 30, 2008 9:01 am

Bad toilets? why is the smell so ignored by municiple government? So many Chinese are proud of their "new" China, but the smell lingers brilliantly....germs are airborne....so are opinions.....China is China, no matter what the opinion, and will always be this way, the "people" have no motivation to change, nothing new about that...even charging 2 cents to use public toilets, but, it would seem that smell permeates only the foreign senses; as for China, the people will continue to water their tea plants with their toilet water....so foreigners should drink the tea cautiously, delicious, yes? :arrow: :geek:
john n jiangsu

Postby pp » Fri May 30, 2008 10:51 pm

sr
john n jiangsu wrote:Bad toilets? why is the smell so ignored by municiple government? So many Chinese are proud of their "new" China, but the smell lingers brilliantly....germs are airborne....so are opinions.....China is China, no matter what the opinion, and will always be this way, the "people" have no motivation to change, nothing new about that...even charging 2 cents to use public toilets, but, it would seem that smell permeates only the foreign senses; as for China, the people will continue to water their tea plants with their toilet water....so foreigners should drink the tea cautiously, delicious, yes? :arrow: :geek:

Well, although there is truth in your statement, the country is getting much better in terms of cleanliness and polution. I have worked in China for almost ten years and one thing that I notice is that Chinese like to follow what other more developed countries do. Many are now using westernized toilets; people love to eat fast foods (junk foods) such as mcdonalds "imported" from the U.S; the road signs are labeled almost the same way with the same style of paint/etc as those in north america. There are plenty of examples. And based on these trends, people clearly have motivation to change at least in the general sense.
pp

Postby bugbee » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:15 pm

But the change is still too slow and the toilets are still way too dirty!!!!! yuuuuukkkkkkkkk

pp wrote:sr
john n jiangsu wrote:Bad toilets? why is the smell so ignored by municiple government? So many Chinese are proud of their "new" China, but the smell lingers brilliantly....germs are airborne....so are opinions.....China is China, no matter what the opinion, and will always be this way, the "people" have no motivation to change, nothing new about that...even charging 2 cents to use public toilets, but, it would seem that smell permeates only the foreign senses; as for China, the people will continue to water their tea plants with their toilet water....so foreigners should drink the tea cautiously, delicious, yes? :arrow: :geek:

Well, although there is truth in your statement, the country is getting much better in terms of cleanliness and polution. I have worked in China for almost ten years and one thing that I notice is that Chinese like to follow what other more developed countries do. Many are now using westernized toilets; people love to eat fast foods (junk foods) such as mcdonalds "imported" from the U.S; the road signs are labeled almost the same way with the same style of paint/etc as those in north america. There are plenty of examples. And based on these trends, people clearly have motivation to change at least in the general sense.
bugbee

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation