New poll: What don't you like?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What annoys you the most when you are in Jiangsu? Choose up to two from below:

Bad drivers
16%
Be called a foreigner
8%
Dirty toilet
20%
Haggling
2%
Jaywalkers
2%
Loud talkers
5%
No Good Morning or Good Bye
2%
No home central heating
5%
Pollution
13%
Spitting
18%
Theft
5%
Other
4%

Total votes : 1082

Re: New poll: What don't you like?

Postby KPT » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:26 pm

fatdude wrote:hate tailgated by people in street while walking... you are treated like a mentally ill person by locals.

Most time they are just curious. As more and more foreigners are appearing in China, this situation has slowly been improving. In major cities, you would rarely see this scene any more. :)
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby wowowo0080 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:19 am

Dirty toilet must be the most disgusting one!!!
ShanghaiFocus.com, specializing in Wuxi, Nanjing, Suzhou, Hangzhou tours in Jiangsu and other major cities like Beijing, Xian, Shanghai tours and so on.
wowowo0080
Esquire

Postby Smilence » Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 pm

As being born on the border of China and Russia and having a past family history of which involves China from as far as 1900's I would have to say being called a Foreigner or WL <--- (You should know what that means by now) is the most annoying thing ever. Why? Well because I do not complain and I am very respectful and blending in putting myself in the atmosphere. I try my best not to stand out as (The outsider) I study very hard in Chinese to gain acceptance and learn almost as much Chinese History as most Chinese teens my age know. So the Toilets and everything else no problem for me. Just being called a Foreigner I DISLIKE!!!!!
Smilence
Esquire

Postby dan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Don't go backward countrysides and there are lots of bad situations you might face.
dan

Postby Caseyorourke » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:59 pm

All the things posted in the poll are things that bother me, but my wife, a NBC, but now a US citizen, is from Yanji in NE China. She is even more critical of conditions in China than I am. She now prefers life in America over China, but understands that here we can work and save more mone than in the US.

Things in NE China are much worse. Yanji is a dumpy, dirty city that in China qualifies for the title of Podunk. Trash is everywhere and seldom picked up.
Taxis outnumber cars by at least 3 to one and drivers are even worse than the ones in Jiangsu. At least I can go to the supermarket and not see dogs, butchered or whole, in the meatcase.
Caseyorourke
Qishi / Knight

Postby robinde » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

poop wrote:
tmhshine wrote:lawless drivers and traffic chaos are the worst in my case. I almost got hit by an army vehicle even I walked normally on a pedestrian crossing.

I received the "flying spit" from two bike riders in one day. The sure know how to aim!!

You are right the traffic is crazy and unruly to say the least. It seems that getting hit by traffic is a daily routine. Secondly, the toilets are places to avoid unless you want to faint/pass out.
http://wartrolreviewssite.info
robinde

Postby alexss » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:36 am

The recent poor air quality in the country's capital and other cities like Chengdu, Nanjing, and more, would be hard for people to ignore - PM2.5 particles in the air are reaching 400-1,000 micrograms per cubic meter!!
Have your mask ready while you want to a walk outside. :evil:
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Previous

Return to Lifestyle and recreation