Hiring an Ayi in Suzhou

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Hiring an Ayi in Suzhou

Postby ellbra » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:49 am

We arrived at Suzhou SIP two months ago. We need an Ayi for our kids and have heard something bad. Any advice or suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Ell
ellbra

Re: Hiring an Ayi in Suzhou

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:42 am

ellbra wrote:We arrived at Suzhou SIP two months ago. We need an Ayi for our kids and have heard something bad. Any advice or suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Ell

what's Ayi?????

Postby alexss » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:27 am

Guest wrote:
ellbra wrote:We arrived at Suzhou SIP two months ago. We need an Ayi for our kids and have heard something bad. Any advice or suggestion are greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Ell

what's Ayi?????

meaning a maid, or a house service personal to look after kids, cook or clean.
alexss

Postby jwhahn » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:41 pm

if you had a bad experience for ayi, I suggest you ask your colleagues or friends, and they may know someone or their ayi may recommend one for you. find an agency is an alternative.
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Postby nickistin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:59 pm

My immediate neighbor has a housemaid or Ayi who is provided by a Phililipino company. My neighbors said the maid was well trained for the house service job and speaks English that solves a big problem for communication between them. If you hire a local Ayi, you have to find someway to deal with the language problem.
nickistin
Zijue / Viscount

Postby corolin » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:21 am

to protect you and your family, hire a maid from a registered agency. it is a safe way.
corolin

Postby jdor » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:08 pm

can someone tell me what is the possible cost to have a full time house maid at home?
jdor

Postby jennwfinch » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:44 am

we pay our ayi 12 rmb/hour and my neighbour friend pay 10/hr. in general, 10-15 rmb per hour is reasonable and fine. our ayi comes 2 times a week, 2 hrs a time. sometimes we gave her some money as a goodwill but most time she would not take them. if you want a stay-in ayi for full time job, 2000 rmb or so may be the case.

jdor wrote:can someone tell me what is the possible cost to have a full time house maid at home?
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Postby ellst » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:28 am

but if you hire a phillipino housemaid, the cost is much much higher than 2000rmb. differences are 1) they are formally trained for the job of all kinds; 2) they speak english well. but rememeber they always have visa problems.
ellst

Postby tmhshine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:24 pm

i prefer local ayis. you save a lot, lot bucks :D
tmhshine

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation