Jiangyin....

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Jiangyin....

Postby bottleofbeans » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:13 am

Hi, I'm Ian from UK. I've just relocated to Jiangyin from the UK, via a short stay in Korea.

Is there anyone else out there? Anyone got any advice for me or fancy meeting up?
bottleofbeans
Nanjue / Baron

Re: Jiangyin....

Postby sean and kat » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:38 am

you are not alone :lol:
sean and kat
Nanjue / Baron

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:01 am

search the forum with "jiangyin". There have been a couple of threads for the city expats.
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby bottleofbeans » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:24 pm

Where are you based Sean and Kat?

Thanks SKinnykiwi1, but I had a browse and not much going on for expats here.
bottleofbeans
Nanjue / Baron

Postby oldchinahand » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:39 pm

I wonder, is the "City Hunter" pub still open in Jiangyin? I was there in 1997, was one of the first english teachers at the Bell Technology school (if that's still open, looking at the location on Google Earth it appears they did finally finish the campus, which was... very incomplete when the school opened, as in we were lucky to have running water most days) and we used to hang out with the bartender "Bob" most weekends, was a great little bar. Of course, this was back before Jiangyin apparently became one of the richer cities/counties. I hope the pub is still welcoming expats as they did us.
oldchinahand

Postby bottleofbeans » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:53 pm

oldchinahand do you remember where abouts it was at all? Any directions and I could try and sniff it out? If it's still there of course.

Thanks
bottleofbeans
Nanjue / Baron

Return to Lifestyle and recreation