more good than bad

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

more good than bad

Postby poster » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:36 pm

China's gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to grow by 11.3 percent in 2007, said the World Bank (WB) in its quarterly report on China released this month. China's GDP grew by 11.5 percent in the first half of 2007 from the same period last year.

Looks like China's growth is overheating!!
poster

Re: more good than bad

Postby ip » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:35 pm

Umm...I'd say there is more bad than good in this one. If the economy overheats then the extra investments/capitals will eventually drop in value leading to inflation. The economy will then fall into a brief recession.
ip

Postby rob » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:17 am

i doubt it. i saw a report, saying this is an exaggeration by the local officials.
rob

Postby m » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:45 pm

I disagree with you Rob. The official statistics are usually confirmed by foreign experts before/after its release.

rob wrote:i doubt it. i saw a report, saying this is an exaggeration by the local officials.
m

Postby rob » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:26 pm

m wrote:I disagree with you Rob. The official statistics are usually confirmed by foreign experts before/after its release.

rob wrote:i doubt it. i saw a report, saying this is an exaggeration by the local officials.

hey M, I read it from a nespaper. it was said that the local authorities might have exaggerated their statistics numbers in order to boast about their leadership abilities. The central statistics bureau had to re-adjust them before they went public. even so, the numbers were still higher than actual situations. the paper said if those numbers were real, china's economy would have been even better than now.
rob

Postby tipss » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:14 pm

they lied sometimes. :?:
tipss

Return to Lifestyle and recreation