What is your current status in Jiangsu?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Your current activity in Jiangsu? Please select one of the following:

Attending a conference
2%
Doing scholarly work (eg. research)
1%
Doing volunteer work
2%
Looking for job
12%
Running a business
5%
Staying with my Chinese spouse
7%
Studying in school/college/university
5%
Teaching English
18%
Teaching in general (other than English)
4%
Travelling
4%
Unemployed
2%
Working for a company/corporation
14%
Working for a foreign institution
3%
Not in Jiangsu now, but will go there
17%
Other
3%

Total votes : 1415

Re: Application for Teaching Oral, or English Teacher

Postby English Knight » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:25 pm

jwhahn wrote:
Irshad Ali wrote:Venerated Sir,

With profound respect, it is stated that I Irshad Ali Mari, I have recently obtained master degree in field of Agricultural Mechanization from Nanjing Agricultural University, China. At present i am in Pakistan

Sir, I strongly urge to work and serve as English teacher in any city of jiangsu, China. I am good at communication, i have self confidence, and i can work with team with all my potential and capabilities. Sir, I lived three years in Nanjing so i love to work in China.

Sir, I shall ever remain grateful to your kind honor for this magnanimous act.

Thanks

Irshad Ali Mari
(irshad_mari@hotmail.com)
+923443425580

In my experience, unless you are a native English speaker you have almost no chance been hiring for teaching English in China. It's bad but it's true.

Some schools in less develped parts of China may hire you, but only if they can't get a real English speaker (Native English speaker) to work there! Why learn English from a none native speaker? They have many none native English speaking Chinese teachers here in China!!!!!

The whole idea of none native English teachers comming to teach their "own versions of English", I have met many none native (none Chinese) foreign teachers and often they do speak good English, but often with many small mistakes.... and those mistakes they then teach the children here!

In China it is a little strange to bring none native English speakers to teach children a language and I would say not good for children to learn from, as you will even at best only speak good English and not perfect English, so why not employ a Chinese English teacher?
English Knight

Re: Application for Teaching Oral, or English Teacher

Postby alexss » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:45 am

English Knight wrote:
Some schools in less develped parts of China may hire you, but only if they can't get a real English speaker (Native English speaker) to work there! Why learn English from a none native speaker? They have many none native English speaking Chinese teachers here in China!!!!!

The whole idea of none native English teachers comming to teach their "own versions of English", I have met many none native (none Chinese) foreign teachers and often they do speak good English, but often with many small mistakes.... and those mistakes they then teach the children here!

In China it is a little strange to bring none native English speakers to teach children a language and I would say not good for children to learn from, as you will even at best only speak good English and not perfect English, so why not employ a Chinese English teacher?

You are absolutely right :)
Last edited by alexss on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Re: What is your current status in Jiangsu?

Postby Ted » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 pm

I think working in Jiangsu has been a great opportunity. I have worked here for over four years as a University teacher. It has been a great experience meeting many new friends, learning the culture, and traveling. Changzhou is a great city, many opportunities and great resources. Without a doubt it is perfect location, half-way between Nanjing and Shanghai. It has grown tremendously in the last four years, lots of good restaurants (many Western), great transportation, and a great shopping. If you visit China, which you should, also visit Changzhou. :)
Ted

Postby iwasmia » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:21 pm

I was born here and I am doing an orphanage visit. I am enjoying it very much. I am going to be sad when I must leave. :)
iwasmia

Coming to Yancheng to work as GM for USA factory

Postby treatme » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 am

Hi

I will be coming to live in Yancheng in the next couple of months to work as the general manager in a large factory.

I was wandering what there is to do in Yancheng, can I buy western food items in supermarkets?

Are there many foreigners there and is it easy to meet people. I speak some Chinese and can hold a conversation
treatme

Re: Coming to Yancheng to work as GM for USA factory

Postby alexss » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:09 am

treatme wrote:Hi

I will be coming to live in Yancheng in the next couple of months to work as the general manager in a large factory.

I was wandering what there is to do in Yancheng, can I buy western food items in supermarkets?

Are there many foreigners there and is it easy to meet people. I speak some Chinese and can hold a conversation

Most of expatriates living in YC are Korean people working for a Korean auto factory.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby Fee » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 pm

I'm teaching in Huaian, at the Higher Educational Park.

Anyone else around here? Fancy a beer one day?
Fee
Qishi / Knight

Postby naranjo03 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 am

In Wuxi with my boyfirend. He was sent out here by his company and we will be here for 4 more months. :D
naranjo03
Esquire

Postby joebbowers » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:24 am

I'm not sure this poll writer understands what "spare time" means.
joebbowers
Esquire

Postby serenefaye11 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 am

from los angeles, opening a english daycare in Gao chun around september 2014. any Americans in this city?
serenefaye11

Previous

Return to Lifestyle and recreation