What is your current status in Jiangsu?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Your current activity in Jiangsu? Please select one of the following:

Attending a conference
2%
Doing scholarly work (eg. research)
1%
Doing volunteer work
2%
Looking for job
12%
Running a business
5%
Staying with my Chinese spouse
7%
Studying in school/college/university
5%
Teaching English
18%
Teaching in general (other than English)
4%
Travelling
4%
Unemployed
2%
Working for a company/corporation
14%
Working for a foreign institution
3%
Not in Jiangsu now, but will go there
17%
Other
3%

Total votes : 1415

Re: What is your current status in Jiangsu?

Postby asu » Tue May 18, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm in Yixing, looking for a Chinese teacher to teach Mandarin....can anyone give me advice on how much lessons would cost, say, per hour?
asu

Postby tinster » Thu May 20, 2010 1:34 pm

I marked the wrong one, I think.
I chose "other", but noticed the "...with my chinese spouse" - although my husband is taiwanese, I guess it's would still be the latter for my status.

Anywhooo...stay at home mom while spouse works his butt off (wouldn't mind getting a job myself, though)
tinster
Nanjue / Baron

Going to Changzhou, Jiangsu province..

Postby 2dare1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Sean Ward wrote:Hello! My girlfriend and I are currently teaching English at the #1 and #2 high schools here in DanYang and we have been here for four months. We have not seen one foreigner since we moved here back in January and would very much like to meet and chat with any English-speaking people who also live here in this city. We both volunteer at an English Corner run by a Nanjing University student in hopes of meeting some other English/foreigners but there seems to be nobody here in the city other than us... :D

You can contact me at my email address, sward_2005@hotmail.com and this is also my Skype address if you want to say hello on Skype...we would both like to hear from you!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I might be getting a job in Changzhou and can anyone tell me about that city? I worked in Suzhou in July 2006 to August 2007 then left to teach in Guangdong province for 2 more years.. I am back in Calfornia and hoping to return to China in August since the job market in California is really bad. I have been lucky to travel around China alot durng my time in China.. My email: kendare_99@yahoo.com

Thanks ken
2dare1

Zhangjiagang - English Teacher @ Jiangsu U Science & tech

Postby canvas42 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:05 am

Hello,

I just arrived in Zhangjiagang. I teach English at the Jiangsu University of Science and Technology. The university is quite far from the city.. I can only say a few words in Mandarin and although there is one or two other western teachers here they don't seem all that anxious to go out together.

If anyone is around email me at canvas42 AT hotmail.com and maybe we can get together. I don't know my way around at all.

PS-Male- Single Age 44. Interested in knocking down a few beers and eating out / meeting people.

Andrew
canvas42

Postby rgl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:05 am

Hi, like most, I am here teaching English. I teach at C.I.T. in Changzhou with my wife. We spent two years here (August 2006 - June 2008) in the past and enjoyed ourselves immensely. We don't know how long we will stay this time. The option is there for us to stay until we are ready to really retire. I have to admit, that I enjoy the city and China as a whole.
rgl
Qishi / Knight

Re: Going to Changzhou, Jiangsu province..

Postby rgl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:08 am

Hi everyone,

I might be getting a job in Changzhou and can anyone tell me about that city? I worked in Suzhou in July 2006 to August 2007 then left to teach in Guangdong province for 2 more years.. I am back in Calfornia and hoping to return to China in August since the job market in California is really bad. I have been lucky to travel around China alot durng my time in China.. My email: kendare_99@yahoo.com

Thanks ken

Hi Ken, did you take the job in Changzhou? If so where? My wife and I are in Changzhou, in the Xin Bei district, teaching at C.I.T. We live quite close to Monkey King restaurant.
rgl
Qishi / Knight

Application for Teaching Oral, or English Teacher

Postby Irshad Ali » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:50 pm

Venerated Sir,

With profound respect, it is stated that I Irshad Ali Mari, I have recently obtained master degree in field of Agricultural Mechanization from Nanjing Agricultural University, China. At present i am in Pakistan

Sir, I strongly urge to work and serve as English teacher in any city of jiangsu, China. I am good at communication, i have self confidence, and i can work with team with all my potential and capabilities. Sir, I lived three years in Nanjing so i love to work in China.

Sir, I shall ever remain grateful to your kind honor for this magnanimous act.

Thanks

Irshad Ali Mari
(irshad_mari@hotmail.com)
+923443425580
Irshad Ali

Postby JiangsuTony » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:59 am

Looking for work in Jiangsu?

hmtony@gmail.com, please quote this website.
JiangsuTony

Postby claudz11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm teaching here in Huai'an.I haven't seen any foreigners here :(
claudz11

Re: Application for Teaching Oral, or English Teacher

Postby jwhahn » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:31 am

Irshad Ali wrote:Venerated Sir,

With profound respect, it is stated that I Irshad Ali Mari, I have recently obtained master degree in field of Agricultural Mechanization from Nanjing Agricultural University, China. At present i am in Pakistan

Sir, I strongly urge to work and serve as English teacher in any city of jiangsu, China. I am good at communication, i have self confidence, and i can work with team with all my potential and capabilities. Sir, I lived three years in Nanjing so i love to work in China.

Sir, I shall ever remain grateful to your kind honor for this magnanimous act.

Thanks

Irshad Ali Mari
(irshad_mari@hotmail.com)
+923443425580

In my experience, unless you are a native English speaker you have almost no chance been hiring for teaching English in China. It's bad but it's true.
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation