Chinese is so hard to learn

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Chinese is so hard to learn

Postby bobo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:39 am

I have been learning Chinese and the Pinying for a year now and it's so hard. URRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG :evil: Anyone know any tricks/shortcuts to learn this language??? Does it become easier once I am in China?
bobo
Esquire

Re: Chinese is so hard to learn

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:05 am

i feel your pain...i suggest that you find someone (preferrably chinese) to practice your oral skill on a weekly basis and also get some native speaker to give you tips on improvement

Postby iamsaying1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:47 pm

yeah, it is much easier when you are in china. learn some suffixes first, like "Lu", meaning street or road, such as Zhongshan Lu --Zhongshan Road,...
iamsaying1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby ma » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:08 am

Actually, I didn't find it difficult but I am generally good at learning foreign languages (I know 6 others). One good thing about Chinese is that the grammar isn't as complicated as some of the other languages that I have learned. I have the most difficulty in pronounciation due to the distinct intonations that need to be differentiated while speaking. I also have some trouble writing the characters...but regardless the language isn't so bad at all.
ma

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:15 am

hardest language on the planet is chinese!!!!!!!!!!

Postby pete » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:49 am

what are you talking about? it's a difficult language but not the most difficult. i can come up with a few other languages tht are much harder to grasp than chinese
pete

Postby rob » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:41 pm

pete wrote:what are you talking about? it's a difficult language but not the most difficult. i can come up with a few other languages tht are much harder to grasp than chinese

agreed absolutely!!
rob

Postby phil33 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:19 pm

yeah, find a language learning partner
phil33

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:25 am

Guest wrote:hardest language on the planet is chinese!!!!!!!!!!

i don't think so. just like learning other languages, get it done by every meanings.

Postby jennwfinch » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Do you have some better ways to learn Chinese?
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation