do fireworks drive you crazy???

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

do fireworks drive you crazy???

Postby ChillWH » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:42 am

anybody know when these fireworks will terminate?? I've heard the Feb 10 is the last day for firework in the city from the government regulations why people are still doing it all day/night right outside of your buildings?? I've heard that firecrackers have already caused a deadly blaze in beijing, engulfed a luxury 40-story hotel and killed firefighters too. I know I should be tolerant as a guest here and pay all my respects to local traditions, but just don't know when it might come to a stop. these bomb noises have caused me restless and sleepless nights or days in the past 2 weeks. thanks!
ChillWH
Zijue / Viscount

Re: do fireworks drive you crazy???

Postby starking73 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:09 am

Regulations and by-laws would not stop people firing firecrakers in the center of town or in front of your buildings. Few police would bother to stop them in the holiday season. In some of years government bans firing fireworks in town but this year seems no regulations at all. When the last day of the new year past on the 15th of Feb, our life is finally back to normal.
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby jdor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:13 am

a source for additional air pollution this year during the Chinese new year holiday season :evil:
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Shuoguan3

Postby sgchargers » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:41 pm

Well upon this issue, I do not think there will be anyone who disagree with what you said in the above. I do gain a lot from what you say. car charger
sgchargers
Esquire

Postby Gypsy King » Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey...we live in DanYang and they blow off fireworks EVERY SINGLE DAY AND NIGHT! We are teachers and the explosions actually distract the students they are so loud sometimes...loud whistles and then huge explosions (about the same as M-80's, not the colorful fireworks everyone knows and, usually, loves)...these are just loud explosions sometimes up to 30 or 40 at a session and the smoke hangs around for hours...I used to love it but they are irritating the heck out of us now...our students tell us that they shoot off fireworks for funerals, weddings, job promotions, and the companies are also advertising themselves...

A day of silence would be nice...:)

Sean and Jenny
sward_2005@hotmail.com
Gypsy King

Return to Lifestyle and recreation