Professional Soccer in Nanjing?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Professional Soccer in Nanjing?

Postby Ironthumb » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:48 pm

I'm a big soccer fan and I was hoping to watch some live matches this coming spring. I know the Chinese Super League isn't too popular but I'll give it a chance. Nanjing and Shanghai will both have teams in the CSL next season. Has anyone been to one of the matches before? Or are there any other options for watching live soccer? Thanks
Ironthumb
Qishi / Knight

Re: Professional Soccer in Nanjing?

Postby iamsaying1 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:32 pm

Like what you know, CSL is not a popular event even among Chinese own soccer fans.
iamsaying1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Ironthumb » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:23 pm

I don't understand why the CSL is so unpopular in China. In America we have Major League Soccer, which is similar to the CSL as far as skill of the athletes. Neither league has as much money or talented athletes as the European leagues, but it is what it is. I think it's good to support local teams, no matter the level of skill.
Ironthumb
Qishi / Knight

Postby alexss » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 am

The SCL has a lot of fans loving it of course but a lot of complaints as well. I'm not a big fan of soccer but i guess the fans think its level is low and there is probably negative influence from some previous scandals.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby jdor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 am

Part of reason is many fans are not very happy with some of these football stars and league organizers. These players get big swell under spotlight on them and the league is plagued with corruption... In world events, its national teams have disappointed people in the most major competitions and the only exception was 2002 World Cup that they qualified. But the only reason was that the two best Asian teams, Japan and South Korea, automatically qualified as the event's hosts, giving the opportunities to teams like Saudi and China to win in playoffs.
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby clair07 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:23 pm

Still a lot of fans out there :) :)
clair07
Baijue / Earl

Postby lpor » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:48 am

soccer fans are everywhere!! haha
lpor

Postby helenxy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:53 pm

What soccer shoe would be most comfortable and efficient for flat feet? I have flat feet, but I am still really fast. I want to know what you think the best soccer shoe to get would be that would be comfortable on my feet, while giving me speed and control.
Last edited by helenxy on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helenxy

Postby alexss » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:37 pm

You may need a podiatrist's appointment.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby liwronsh » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:59 am

Does anybody know some sport events duirng the national holiday in Nanjing? Need your input. Thanls
liwronsh

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation