what to do in Suzhou

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

what to do in Suzhou

Postby nico » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:07 am

hi, I will be moving to Suzhou near the end of this year to complete my overseas study program there. I have never been to China before so it'd be great if anyone got any advice for me as a foreign exchange student. Also, I am curious about what the leisure activities people, especially college students, participate in...anything tips are welcome. Thank you!!
nico

Re: what to do in Suzhou

Postby jjust » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:08 am

it's a modern city with all sorts of entertainments, malls, shopping centers, clubs and theaters. lots of beautiful gardens as well if you are into those
jjust
Esquire

Postby bill » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:25 pm

Suzhou's expat community is large and i am sure you will find lots of friend with various language groups and leisure activities after you reach there. many of expats work or are employed in suzhou's industrial park and new hi-tech zone. most international students study or have an exchange program in suzhou university and they have a lot of schedules for leisure activities.

if you have not been to china before, i think the city will give you a wonderful time. it is a historical and garden city, with its beautiful gardens, recognized by world heritage sites and the highest tourist ranking in china, well famed suzhou cuisine and foods, beautiful old city town, temples, lakes, walking streets, and hundred more...

The nearby water towns, zhouzhuang, have been honored as one of the best locations for tourists and any visitors. take a day trip, you will absolutely love them. as well as Longli, another water town...
bill
Zijue / Viscount

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:47 am

there was a topic posted on this forum days ago, "adapting to the chinese of life". there are lots of info posted by our members. please take a look of the topic.

Postby lee » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:24 am

for sure you will see a lot of gardens/parks...you will feel if you like or not.
lee

Postby chellx » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Does anybody know some hiking trails in Suzhou? I am planning a hiking trip in the city and its vicinity and need information where I can hike. Thanks for your inputs!!
chellx
Nanjue / Baron

Postby starking73 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 am

chellx wrote:Does anybody know some hiking trails in Suzhou? I am planning a hiking trip in the city and its vicinity and need information where I can hike. Thanks for your inputs!!

Western Mountain in Lake Taihu. the mountain is actually not so tall. some expats use its paths as trails to the peak for hiking, and viewing the farm cottages and tea fields.
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby beci22ci » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:49 am

don't forget to taste its foods and tea, the most famous traditions in china, suzhou cuisine and Biluochun tea (a green tea).
beci22ci

Postby xingxi » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:28 am

beci22ci wrote:don't forget to taste its foods and tea, the most famous traditions in china, suzhou cuisine and Biluochun tea (a green tea).

plus parks, gardens and old watertowns.
xingxi

Postby rock221 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:33 am

Suzhou's parks and garders are on the must-see list.
rock221

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation