what to do in Suzhou

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Re: what to do in Suzhou

Postby starking73 » Sun May 17, 2009 3:11 am

nico wrote:hi, I will be moving to Suzhou near the end of this year to complete my overseas study program there. I have never been to China before so it'd be great if anyone got any advice for me as a foreign exchange student. Also, I am curious about what the leisure activities people, especially college students, participate in...anything tips are welcome. Thank you!!

I guess you are in Suzhou University? The university accepts foreign students from many countries for degrees, exchange programmes, etc... a small expat community...
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby menzie01 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:56 pm

xingxi wrote:
beci22ci wrote:don't forget to taste its foods and tea, the most famous traditions in china, suzhou cuisine and Biluochun tea (a green tea).

plus parks, gardens and old watertowns.

Hmm.. I like green tea ever! This brings great feelings to me. It was really good for our health because it is a type of tea made solely with the leaves of Camellia sinensis, that has undergone minimal oxidation during processing.! :)

Postby KPT » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:12 am

menzie01 wrote:
xingxi wrote:
beci22ci wrote:don't forget to taste its foods and tea, the most famous traditions in china, suzhou cuisine and Biluochun tea (a green tea).

plus parks, gardens and old watertowns.

Hmm.. I like green tea ever! This brings great feelings to me. It was really good for our health because it is a type of tea made solely with the leaves of Camellia sinensis, that has undergone minimal oxidation during processing.! :)

You are right. Over years, tea is gradually gaining over coffee. Even you see Starbucks is bucking up its tea menu. For the principal compelling reason is its health benefits: tea contains ten times the amount of antioxidants, mainly polyphenols, found in fruits/verggies, a sort of substance fighting cancer and aging. Green tea, black tea and oolong tea are all come from the same tea plant. The only difference is their processing, fermented or not fermented. Read more western PhDs articles you may love it more.
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Previous

Return to Lifestyle and recreation