gyms in the nantong area

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

gyms in the nantong area

Postby steveo65 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 pm

hello everybody,

for residents in the nantong area, what kind of sports facilities are here at the moment, nantong is one of the cities i am looking at to develop my franchise of high quality gyms, offering classes such as spinning, bodypump, bodycombat, and a few more,

so would you like this in your area, currently based in the UK i am having trouble finding on the internet any locations suitable in the area, i have a few contacts in nantong so will be looking to come over early 2012 to have a look around and build up a bigger network of sources.

again any information on gyms in your area will be appriciated thank you steve.
steveo65

Re: gyms in the nantong area

Postby enteromorfa » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:50 pm

hello,
i'm actually a student in nantong.i've joined a gymn at lotus supermarket. at present i saw there are not many gymns in Nantong, as there are not many in the whole china, but all gymn are high level gymn and cheap for a european salary. As i saw there are not many customers, chinese people seem to me not very attracted from gymn at present. Unlucky i don't know nantong enought to can suggest a place for opening a gymn.
Best regards
enteromorfa

Postby nantongis » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:14 am

There is a gym/sports facility at Emma in the CBD.
nantongis
Qishi / Knight

Postby Antheniolli » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:30 am

What is CBD?
Antheniolli
Esquire

Postby nantongis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Central Business District...about 6km from centre next to new Auchan. An up and coming area.
nantongis
Qishi / Knight

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Xintiandi fitness club next to Sport park on Qingnian road.

Postby denilenfoye » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Hey please post some interiors photo of that gym.
denilenfoye

Postby iamsaying1 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:39 am

enteromorfa wrote:hello,
i'm actually a student in nantong.i've joined a gymn at lotus supermarket. at present i saw there are not many gymns in Nantong, as there are not many in the whole china, but all gymn are high level gymn and cheap for a european salary. As i saw there are not many customers, chinese people seem to me not very attracted from gymn at present. Unlucky i don't know nantong enought to can suggest a place for opening a gymn.
Best regards

Locals are still not used to using gym at present so enjoy your time there then :)
iamsaying1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby PCN » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 am

Just to correct a very false statement posted here earlier by another user, I will tell you that;

The gyms in Nantong centre are NOT nice, and the equipment is only so-so.

I live in the centre of Nantong and get home from work late in the rush hour trafic (18.30-19.00), so I cannot get a taxi to go to another gym outside city centre. Even if I could I wouldn't know where to go anyway.

The only gyms I have found in my area (centre) is firstly the one at the end of Dinggujiao.

There is no possibility of cleaning the equipment before/after use and the showers and lockers smell like urine/piss and the floor is so dirty that your feet get black if you touch it with wet feet. However the equipment they have is ok (not great - and very dirty), I haven't been able to find an alternative yet.

The price is crazy expensive at 50 RMB /visit (compared to western europe price of about 15 RMB/ visit).

And secondly - a little further away (20 minutes walking) but does not smell like piss, is the one at New World Fitness Chamber on
Qingnian Middle Road, they do not have much equipment but it is cleaner. The price is the same at 50 RMB / visit.

Of course there are discounts if you buy more/longer periodes, but I would recommend you look around for a place you like before buying a month/year membership.

/PCN
PCN

Postby jack » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:15 am

:D good!
jack

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation