Seeking friends in Gaogang / Yangzhou

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Seeking friends in Gaogang / Yangzhou

Postby vic » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi,
I'm new in this place. Just started living in Gaogang. Wondering is there anyone who are interested in travelling around China / JiangSu on the weekends?
vic
Qishi / Knight

Re: Seeking friends in Gaogang / Yangzhou

Postby alexss » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:56 pm

I guess Gaogang is a port district of Taizhou but not in Yangzhou. The city is a new region for bio-tech corporations and should have a lot of expats there.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby jenny ng » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:38 pm

hi,

Welcome to shanghai.....feel free to contact me.
jenny ng
Nanjue / Baron

Postby vic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey,

Planning to go to Shanghai from Gaogang. Any advice on how to go there and get back here?
vic
Qishi / Knight

Postby KPT » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:00 am

vic wrote:Hey,

Planning to go to Shanghai from Gaogang. Any advice on how to go there and get back here?

I think the easiest way is by bus. Take a direct bus from Gaogang to Shanghai and you don't need to transfer. Or take a bus to Wuxi, using Jiangyin-Jingjiang Yangtze River bridge to cross the river, then change to train from Wuxi to Shanghai. A bus is a little bit slower in speed comapared with train, but you save time transfering (maybe half an hour) from bus to train. It is not a big deal anyway.
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby simei » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:54 am

Yes, Gaogang is a port district of Taizhou but not in Yangzhou. There is near to Jiangdu and at the east of Jiangdu and Yangzhou. I live in Jiangdu. Glad to meet you.
simei
Zijue / Viscount

Postby vic » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:39 pm

simei wrote:Yes, Gaogang is a port district of Taizhou but not in Yangzhou. There is near to Jiangdu and at the east of Jiangdu and Yangzhou. I live in Jiangdu. Glad to meet you.

Nice to meet you too.
Ya, I've been to Jiangdu by a cab. I think it takes about 15-20 mins to reach there. By the way, anything nice in Jiangdu.
vic
Qishi / Knight

Postby simei » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 am

vic wrote:
simei wrote:Yes, Gaogang is a port district of Taizhou but not in Yangzhou. There is near to Jiangdu and at the east of Jiangdu and Yangzhou. I live in Jiangdu. Glad to meet you.

Nice to meet you too.
Ya, I've been to Jiangdu by a cab. I think it takes about 15-20 mins to reach there. By the way, anything nice in Jiangdu.

:lol: Welcome to Jiangdu when you are free!!!
simei
Zijue / Viscount

Postby alexss » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:02 pm

when i was in Yangzhou in march of this year, i took a tour in its old town area. there were a lot of constructions at the time. heard its project of renovation has got a big boost in funding from chinese goverment, and germeny goverment also provides assistance to it. you may take some shots for those very narrow lanes/alleys if the major constructins are over.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Return to Lifestyle and recreation