Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby lonesomedove » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Hey,I know it has been a long time ,but is there any chance you survive the boredom and are still kicking out there
in Huai'an. if you do, maybe we can hang out a litte bit .

And I totally have no anticipation of free English class:D
Last edited by lonesomedove on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome Blossom extra awesome!
lonesomedove
Qishi / Knight
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby Yi Long » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:38 am

If you are still here, then I am another Brit in Huaian. I'm in the process of registering now, so you should be able to pm me on username 'Zuo Yi Long'
Yi Long
 

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby English knight » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 am

I am in Siyang and small city full of ignorant bumpkins! I have been to China many times and I have never known a place as backward! People here just stare at you like you have 2 heads, the touch your arm because it is hairy and feel your hair because it looks soft! Scary place to avoid! Southern JiangSu is fine, but my advice is stay away from the bumpkin north!
English knight
 

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby English Knight » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:05 am

I am in Siyang a small city full of ignorant bumpkins! I have been to China many times and I have never known a place as backward! People here just stare at you like you have 2 heads, they touch your arm because it is hairy and feel your hair because it looks soft! Scary place to avoid! Southern JiangSu is fine, but my advice is stay away from the bumpkin north!

Sorry if I have made spelling mistakes,it is very early and i am very tired! I have had bad food poisioing twice here in 2 months, food quality and hygine is poor! My advice: Avoid Siyang, if you visit just eat at KFC! There is only KFC here, nothing you would expect in a large modern Chinese city, it is poor and small scale here, real small!
English Knight
 

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby lonesomedove » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 pm

English Knight wrote:I am in Siyang a small city full of ignorant bumpkins! I have been to China many times and I have never known a place as backward! People here just stare at you like you have 2 heads, they touch your arm because it is hairy and feel your hair because it looks soft! Scary place to avoid! Southern JiangSu is fine, but my advice is stay away from the bumpkin north!

Sorry if I have made spelling mistakes,it is very early and i am very tired! I have had bad food poisioing twice here in 2 months, food quality and hygine is poor! My advice: Avoid Siyang, if you visit just eat at KFC! There is only KFC here, nothing you would expect in a large modern Chinese city, it is poor and small scale here, real small!


Dude, sorry to hear about your plight!

I grew up in the 'bumpkin north' ,so I know about Siyang very well.

Siyang is indeed one of the most economically backward cities in Jiangsu (actually it can't even be called a city). Roads out of town are bulit to be very wide but streets downtown are extremely dirty and cramped. Taxis look beat-up and you can see mopeds everywhere. People there are living a low-standard life. Too many people are stilling having a less than 1000 kuai per month salary. When serious illness stikes, many people will just lie on bed waiting natural to make its call because they can't afford to go to the hospital. When material life is deprivated, you just can't expect any cultural and social activities to attend. I agree that it should be at the bottom of list foreigners would like to go, especially when you wanna experience modern China.

However, you should know China is not just about Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc, there're so many cities in western China are no better than this.... It's just true that many Chinese people are living unpriviliged life without enough eduction and medical care, which partly explain why they're having unhygienic habits.

Anyway, in light of your problems, you'd better go to see the doctor(if you can find someone who knows English) or move out of Siyang as long as they didn't confiscate your passport...

How come you came to Siyang in the first place? Being duped?
Awesome Blossom extra awesome!
lonesomedove
Qishi / Knight
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby English Knight » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:03 pm

lonesomedove wrote:
English Knight wrote:I am in Siyang a small city full of ignorant bumpkins! I have been to China many times and I have never known a place as backward! People here just stare at you like you have 2 heads, they touch your arm because it is hairy and feel your hair because it looks soft! Scary place to avoid! Southern JiangSu is fine, but my advice is stay away from the bumpkin north!

Sorry if I have made spelling mistakes,it is very early and i am very tired! I have had bad food poisioing twice here in 2 months, food quality and hygine is poor! My advice: Avoid Siyang, if you visit just eat at KFC! There is only KFC here, nothing you would expect in a large modern Chinese city, it is poor and small scale here, real small!


Dude, sorry to hear about your plight!

I grew up in the 'bumpkin north' ,so I know about Siyang very well.

Siyang is indeed one of the most economically backward cities in Jiangsu (actually it can't even be called a city). Roads out of town are bulit to be very wide but streets downtown are extremely dirty and cramped. Taxis look beat-up and you can see mopeds everywhere. People there are living a low-standard life. Too many people are stilling having a less than 1000 kuai per month salary. When serious illness stikes, many people will just lie on bed waiting natural to make its call because they can't afford to go to the hospital. When material life is deprivated, you just can't expect any cultural and social activities to attend. I agree that it should be at the bottom of list foreigners would like to go, especially when you wanna experience modern China.

However, you should know China is not just about Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc, there're so many cities in western China are no better than this.... It's just true that many Chinese people are living unpriviliged life without enough eduction and medical care, which partly explain why they're having unhygienic habits.

Anyway, in light of your problems, you'd better go to see the doctor(if you can find someone who knows English) or move out of Siyang as long as they didn't confiscate your passport...

How come you came to Siyang in the first place? Being duped?


Spent along time in Shenyang and Beijing before, on the map it said this area of Jiangsu is very dry (I hate rain) the weather here is great, but that is the only thing I like here! The North East is good, just too cold in winter. I decided to take a job in a small city as I thought people would be more friendly (not backward and strange) and it would be an interesting experience.

My wife is Chinese and hates it here, she also says people here are too strange and place too poor!
English Knight
 

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby English Knight » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:36 pm

English Knight wrote:
lonesomedove wrote:
English Knight wrote:I am in Siyang a small city full of ignorant bumpkins! I have been to China many times and I have never known a place as backward! People here just stare at you like you have 2 heads, they touch your arm because it is hairy and feel your hair because it looks soft! Scary place to avoid! Southern JiangSu is fine, but my advice is stay away from the bumpkin north!

Sorry if I have made spelling mistakes,it is very early and i am very tired! I have had bad food poisioing twice here in 2 months, food quality and hygine is poor! My advice: Avoid Siyang, if you visit just eat at KFC! There is only KFC here, nothing you would expect in a large modern Chinese city, it is poor and small scale here, real small!


Dude, sorry to hear about your plight!

I grew up in the 'bumpkin north' ,so I know about Siyang very well.

Siyang is indeed one of the most economically backward cities in Jiangsu (actually it can't even be called a city). Roads out of town are bulit to be very wide but streets downtown are extremely dirty and cramped. Taxis look beat-up and you can see mopeds everywhere. People there are living a low-standard life. Too many people are stilling having a less than 1000 kuai per month salary. When serious illness stikes, many people will just lie on bed waiting natural to make its call because they can't afford to go to the hospital. When material life is deprivated, you just can't expect any cultural and social activities to attend. I agree that it should be at the bottom of list foreigners would like to go, especially when you wanna experience modern China.

However, you should know China is not just about Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc, there're so many cities in western China are no better than this.... It's just true that many Chinese people are living unpriviliged life without enough eduction and medical care, which partly explain why they're having unhygienic habits.

Anyway, in light of your problems, you'd better go to see the doctor(if you can find someone who knows English) or move out of Siyang as long as they didn't confiscate your passport...

How come you came to Siyang in the first place? Being duped?


Spent along time in Shenyang and Beijing before, on the map it said this area of Jiangsu is very dry (I hate rain) the weather here is great, but that is the only thing I like here! The North East is good, just too cold in winter. I decided to take a job in a small city as I thought people would be more friendly (not backward and strange) and it would be an interesting experience.

My wife is Chinese and hates it here, she also says people here are too strange and place too poor!


I grewup with many Hong Kong Chinese friends, also been to Hong Kong many times and loved it, so I have a deep love and respect for Chinese culture, so the Bumpkins here can't change my view of China as a good country! It is lucky I am not new to China, the Chinese government must worry what view foreigners would get if new to China and visit Northern JaingSu first or at all!

Best foreigners and educated Chinese avoid this place for some years!
English Knight
 

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby English Knight » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:55 pm

My wife and I are currently living in a hotel near the school as the apartment provided had many electriticy & water problems, but sadly alos the hotel here often has no water! Hotels here in SiYang are often loud, dirty and basic like the people here! I have stayed in 2 hotels here and both were not good!

If my wife and I wish to go shopping for something we must often go to Nanjing! 3 hours by dirty old bus, no trains here in Siyang!
English Knight
 

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby lonesomedove » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:09 pm

English Knight wrote:My wife and I are currently living in a hotel near the school as the apartment provided had many electriticy & water problems, but sadly alos the hotel here often has no water! Hotels here in SiYang are often loud, dirty and basic like the people here! I have stayed in 2 hotels here and both were not good!

If my wife and I wish to go shopping for something we must often go to Nanjing! 3 hours by dirty old bus, no trains here in Siyang!


I graduated from University in Nanjing 2 years ago and now is working in Huai'an.
Huai'an is pretty much on the same page with Siyang in regard to many problems you talking about.
However,it's a little bit more developed and sufficient in terms of material life. There are a large supermarket and a big shopping mall downtown, which I think can fulfill your basic need.

If you want to go shopping for some life necessities, you can probably try Huai'an. It's much closer to Siyang.
Awesome Blossom extra awesome!
lonesomedove
Qishi / Knight
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby English Knight » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Yes my wife and I have been to Huai'an and it is as you say a little better (could not be worse). When we have free time we now take the 4 hour bus ride to Nanjing and see some normal modern life again. :)

Now we just say each day is a day closer to the end of the contract and a day closer to being away from this dreadfull backward hole of a city!
English Knight
 

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron