Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby Anglichanka » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm new here and just looking to make contacts/friends to maybe go out for a drink? a dance club? day trip somewhere at the weekend? a meal out that isn't my at my canteen? - open to suggestions. Maybe get a little group together to eat or go to a bar? Are there any bars?

Just don't expect a free English lesson!
Anglichanka
Qishi / Knight

Re: Is there anybody out there in Huai'an?

Postby jsuz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:50 pm

eating out would be great but i don't live in huaian - i am in suzhou!!! but in case you decide to visit suzhou, don't forgot to post a notice on the board!!
jsuz

Postby liveuk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 pm

no bar but maybe a western-style restaurant plus Greek foods. if you find an interesting dining place for expats, post on your thread to let people know. :)
liveuk
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Anglichanka » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Does that mean you know a place for Greek food? I love Greek food. I dont go out to eat as I can't be bothered on my own so, sorry, nowhere to suggest. My canteen has good food! :lol:

I do hope to visit Suzhou when I have a break so will post to see if anyone's up for a drink or whatever.
Anglichanka
Qishi / Knight

Postby liveuk » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:38 am

this restaurant's existed for some time (see the link http://huaian.jiangsu.net/dining/premie ... ian&id=138) but I don't know if it is still there. Other thing is its ownership. I don't know if the chef is a Greek chef or a Chinese local. You may be the best candidate to go there to taste. Please let us know after you return the forum. :D :D
liveuk
Houjue / Marquess

Postby SniperWZ » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Hey, Huai'an is my home town! My grandmother still lives there and I've visited the city many times in the past. Unfortunately I'm still in the U.S., though I hope to return to China to work early next year.

Angelika, can I ask what you're doing in Huai'an? You sound like an expat, Chinese-American like me perhaps?
SniperWZ

Postby Anglichanka » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:48 pm

No not American - British. Not that I consider that dreadful country to be home. I avoid going there at all if I can.

I shall still be in Huai'an early next year if I haven't died of boredom, so do look me up.
Anglichanka
Qishi / Knight

Postby SniperWZ » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 pm

hahah, funny, now I kinda get your screen name; I understand your boredom, Huai'an is somewhat of a smaller, sleepy city, I actually know a couple of friends from that area, I will ask them if there are anything fun to do. I remember when I was a kid, I liked to look at the cargo barges float down the river, in the streets, there are usually public performances of huaiju (like Peking Opera, but in the local style), and there are always random stuff to do (for a kid anyway) such as going to parks and hanging out.

I hope to visit the place early next year so will let you know, do you have facebook by the way? I'll message you my email/contacts.
SniperWZ
Esquire

Postby Undertaker » Mon May 04, 2009 2:14 am

judging by your nick you seem to be from the former Soviet Union and definetely speak Russian. So are you still there in Hui'an?
Chances are I am going to work in this city this year and I'd like to ask you some questions about living there. I wonder if you still follow the topic...
Undertaker

Postby jwhahn » Tue May 05, 2009 4:59 am

Undertaker wrote:judging by your nick you seem to be from the former Soviet Union and definetely speak Russian. So are you still there in Hui'an?
Chances are I am going to work in this city this year and I'd like to ask you some questions about living there. I wonder if you still follow the topic...

PM him/her
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation