Favourite city poll!

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What is your favourite city in Jiangsu?!

Changzhou
8%
Huai'an
3%
Lianyungang
3%
Nanjing
17%
Nantong
7%
Suqian
3%
Suzhou
20%
Taizhou
4%
Wuxi
11%
Xuzhou
5%
Yancheng
3%
Yangzhou
10%
Zhenjiang
5%

Total votes : 634

Re: Favourite city poll!

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:45 pm

perhaps

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:41 am

suzhou uphills now

Postby weston.nathan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:13 am

I went to Suzhou... didn't like it! I saw some gardens - they were all the same. Tourist traps that were too expensive... nothing uniquely gorgeous... seriously, what's the appeal??
weston.nathan
Nanjue / Baron

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:33 am

maybe suzhou and nanjing got roughly the same number of english speakers who know about them :roll:

weston.nathan wrote:I went to Suzhou... didn't like it! I saw some gardens - they were all the same. Tourist traps that were too expensive... nothing uniquely gorgeous... seriously, what's the appeal??

Postby bmie » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:14 am

I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Suzhou has various types of entertainments ranging from amusement parks, nightclubs, bars, tea houses, restaurants (chinese and western), and so on. Although the city is known for its beautiful gardens - and there are a lot of them - they do not necessarily cater to everyone. Essentially, it boils down to what type of activities you are more interested in. Due to the heavy investments, Suzhou is growing at a drastic rate, and more and more western-style entertainment facilities may be erected in the future.

weston.nathan wrote:I went to Suzhou... didn't like it! I saw some gardens - they were all the same. Tourist traps that were too expensive... nothing uniquely gorgeous... seriously, what's the appeal??
bmie
Esquire

Postby weston.nathan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:05 pm

That's true, I guess - I just label Suzhou as the "garden city" because none of those other things you listed are unique to Suzhou. I just thought maybe there was something really "big" about Suzhou that I was missing out on... I guess for people who like Chinese gardens, it's a good place to be if you have the time and cash to see them all - otherwise it has the same appeal as the other cities on the list. :) (I voted for Zhenjiang.)

bmie wrote:I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Suzhou has various types of entertainments ranging from amusement parks, nightclubs, bars, tea houses, restaurants (chinese and western), and so on. Although the city is known for its beautiful gardens - and there are a lot of them - they do not necessarily cater to everyone. Essentially, it boils down to what type of activities you are more interested in. Due to the heavy investments, Suzhou is growing at a drastic rate, and more and more western-style entertainment facilities may be erected in the future.
weston.nathan
Nanjue / Baron

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:42 am

i want to go to zhenjiang some day. how do you like that place?

Postby weston.nathan » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:39 am

Guest wrote:i want to go to zhenjiang some day. how do you like that place?

I like it a lot. It's my favorite city so far in China - granted, I've only been to Shanghai, Nanjing, Huai'an, and Suzhou. I just don't like living in a huge city very much. They're great to visit and Nanjing's only 30 minutes by train (Nanjing is definitely amazing), but I prefer to live somewhere relatively smaller. I'm at Jiangsu University and my apartment is practically on the shore of the Yangtze, so I'm enjoying myself! 8-)
weston.nathan
Nanjue / Baron

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:07 pm

small cities offer different lifestyles, i suppose, and it's a matter of personal preference. you are lucky that you live right next to yangtze and get to have nice views everyday! anyhow, i like big cities and loved places where there are a lot of people. it is very "re-lao" in chinese! so i voted for suzhou!

Postby lee » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:18 am

agreed, did not like them. you see, everywhere are rockeries... their colours look like concreat. oh, bored sometimes...

lee

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation