Favourite city poll!

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Jiangsu? Post your message here!

What is your favourite city in Jiangsu?!

Changzhou
8%
Huai'an
3%
Lianyungang
3%
Nanjing
17%
Nantong
7%
Suqian
3%
Suzhou
20%
Taizhou
4%
Wuxi
11%
Xuzhou
5%
Yancheng
3%
Yangzhou
10%
Zhenjiang
5%

Total votes : 634

Re: Favourite city poll!

Postby alexss » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:33 am

kunshan wrote:how to vote kunshan?

Sorry, you can only vote Suzhou, the city that has jurisdiction over Kunshan.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby ctwig » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:25 am

it's strange that nanjing gets a weaker vote than suzhou.
ctwig

Postby coldfish » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:57 am

Iam in Yangzhou now.
coldfish

Postby Ambrose » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:23 pm

It seems we don't think much of the attractiveness of Philadelphians, according to a recent online survey entitled "America's favorite cities" undertaken jointly by Travel & Leisure News and CNN Headline news.

60,000 respondents who took part in the survey ranked the people of Philadelphia rock bottom in four of the categories surveyed. Respondents said that those living in the 'City of Brotherly Love' were the least active, least worldly, least stylish and the least friendly in the United States. The city with a population approaching 1.5 million just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot, while San Diego and Miami topped the poll for attractiveness.

Quick to defend the city and its residents, Amy Farley, senior editor at Travel & Leisure said that the results didn't mean that respondents thought that citizens of Philadelphia were unattractive. She said: "We asked people who took part in the survey to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. The results don't mean that Philadelphia is a bad place to visit or that people there are ugly. The editors at Travel & Leisure believe that Philadelphia has many attractive residents. The perceived attractiveness of the residents of a city is only a miniscule measure factor in assessing a city's merit."

However nicely Ms Farley tries to cushion the blow this is the latest in a recent string of surveys that have knocked the self-esteem of Philadelphia residents. Recently a survey by the American Obesity Society ranked the city in the top ten for having the largest proportion of overweight people for the fifth time in five years, reinforcing the image of Philadelphians as amongst the fattest in the United States.

Pride has dropped even further due to the underachievement of the city's four major sporting franchises that between them haven't scooped a championship title since 1983 when the 76ers won the NBA Championship.

Given the survey results you would be forgiven for thinking that Americans are avoiding the city at all costs, and that nothing could drag them there. However, that couldn't be farther from the truth; in 2006 occupancy rates for the average city center hotel in Philadelphia hit a new high of 73.6 % - the highest since 1998.

Indeed, the data produced by PKF Consulting for a number of city hospitality organisations including the Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association, showed that for the first time ever occupancy rates on Wednesday and Saturday were running at 81%. This data proves that, whatever the surveys may suggest about the rest of the country's perceptions about Philadelphia's residents, the city is still extremely attractive to leisure visitors and business travellers, and 2007 is set to be a boom year for the hotel and hospitality sector.
Ambrose
Esquire

Postby alexss » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 am

I love Philadelphia... once living there for 2 years.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Suzhou For the win!

Postby jdor » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 am

go for Nanking :) :D
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby JS.2011.04 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 am

Of the 13 listed, I have been to only three: Suzhou, Nanjing, and Wuxi. Should I be casting my vote for my favourite city when I haven't been to the other 10? How honest is this poll? If one wishes a particular city to win, he/she could vote hundreds of times by signing in as a different user or use a different ISP. This is supposed to be fun and no one is going to go to that much trouble, right?
JS.2011.04
Zijue / Viscount

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:42 am

Hey, JS, I think you are right. :)
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby cherylsu » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Sometimes the most votes of city should be familiar with people. and therefore some lower votes of cities have more value for us to explore and travel. you can concider about NanTong that has large space to know for us.do you agree with me?
cherylsu
Nanjue / Baron

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle and recreation