Italian restaurant in Yangzhou

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Yangzhou? Post your message here!

Italian restaurant in Yangzhou

Postby June » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:13 am

I just got back to Yangzhou after living in the UK for the last 10 years. It’s great to find this website knowing so many foreigners living in Yangzhou at the moment. Does anyone know if there is an authentic Italian restaurant in Yangzhou as I do miss the great taste of Italian food and it’s always difficult to find any proper European restaurant in China?

Thanks and whish you all a happy new year!! :)

June
June

Re: Italian restaurant in Yangzhou

Postby steesh182 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:32 am

Hey!

Unless I'm missing something, the answer is sadly no. In fact there's no authentic western here in YZ. There are a few places which will do a certain fusion cuisine and call it western food, but nothing which is really one type of western cuisine (except for the obvious fast food and pizza places). However as you will know Nanjing is only an hour away and there's places you can grab a decent Italian in there.

Welcome back to YZ
steesh182
Zijue / Viscount

Postby Deniel » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Try roaming around the local mall in Yangzhou. I am sure you can find a decent restaurant that serves Italian foods. If I were you, don't look for the name Italian restaurant, just try to peruse on their menu and see if they serve one. If luck is not your way, just learn how to cook Italian foods. Deep Fryer
Last edited by Deniel on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deniel

Postby steesh182 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Actually last night I found an "Italian" restaurant at the Living Mall in Yangzhou. It's called Gino's Cafe and looks half decent. You'll be able to get pasta dishes, lasagne and pizza. There was also stuff like lamb cutlets which looked good. Didn't eat, but the place seemed good and I'll be trying it out soon.
steesh182
Zijue / Viscount

Return to Lifestyle and recreation