Primary school in Yang Zhou etc?

Post a question about Yangzhou, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

Primary school in Yang Zhou etc?

Postby APK » Tue May 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Hello dear all,

Our family might be getting an opportunity to relocate to YZ and there are a few points that are puzzling me... for example, I haven't found any information on where foreign children go to primary school in YZ. We live in northern China at the moment and our kids go to a local private school, in other words Chinese education. But we might be interested in other options... I take it, there aren't any International schools in YZ, but what might be the closest thing to an International one?

Also, how easy is it to find Western food items such as cheese, coffee, cereal etc?

What else might one take into concideration before making the decicion to move to YZ? Where is the best area for a family to live, we wouldn't want to be too far from the city and "action"?

Thank you very much for any help on these issues!
APK

Re: Primary school in Yang Zhou etc?

Postby jdor » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:17 am

It seems there is no international school sponsored by an international edication organization in YZ but a local school will accept expat children for sure. YZ is not like Shanghai or Nanjing there are not many expats over there. I saw some posts for YZ and you may search with the search engine of the forum. When I was there I saw a plaza for foreigners and actually not many foreigners there you could see. If you are in a hospital you may have difficuties to find an interpreter or somebody who could speak in English.
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby conieyang » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Apk,
I'm local residents that I know this city very well. There are few international primary schools in Yangzhou, such as Beiking New Orient School, Meiling International School, Meiqi International School, etc. More and more foreigners come and live in Yangzhou these years. It's very convenient to find western food in the supermarket and there're many Restaurant server western food specially. What's more, our city is very beautiful, clean and neat, and people here are very friendly.
Wish you good stay in our city.
Regards!
Connie
conieyang

Postby alexss » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:55 am

no idea about its schools. but when you are there, visit its old town area in the downtown core you will see a lot of old houses, narrow alleys, ... some are very interesting.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby ISIS64 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:44 am

Connie:

Thanks for posting the name of the schools that accept expatriate children. I have been offered a job in your beautiful city if the contract with your country accepts it. I want this to happen your city is extremely beautiful. The schools in Shanhi and Singapour our some of the best in the world. From the research that I have done thus far on Yangzhou Im excited.

I found hospitals that will work for us. No so sure about prescriptions, etc. If this contract goes through I would certainly like to talk to you more regarding you city and things to do and not do while there. The contract is for 20 years and I have a 7 year old I am raising. I've wanted to tour China since I was a child and view this job opportunity as a life time opportunity that I do not want to pass up.

Thanks again for your post on the schools, I have found it very helpful and again I would truly like to speak with you more if this deal goes through with your government.

Sincerely,

Diane
ISIS64

Postby Shane WEbi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Hey -

Just to let you know... the best of the International Schools in Yangzhou is likely to be Beijing New Oriental - but even there they will not teach an international curriculum and not in English, unless your son/daughter is in senior high school.

Unless your child is near fluent in Mandarin and happy to study the Chinese National Curriculum, I think you'd be better off looking at the International Schools teaching the International Baccalaureate Curriculum in Nanjing. There they offer bilingual instruction at least.
Shane WEbi

Postby KPT » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:45 am

Shane WEbi wrote:Hey -

Just to let you know... the best of the International Schools in Yangzhou is likely to be Beijing New Oriental - but even there they will not teach an international curriculum and not in English, unless your son/daughter is in senior high school.

Unless your child is near fluent in Mandarin and happy to study the Chinese National Curriculum, I think you'd be better off looking at the International Schools teaching the International Baccalaureate Curriculum in Nanjing. There they offer bilingual instruction at least.

Beijing new oriental is not a school for international curriculum and is not for expats' kids. Shane is right.
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jennwfinch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:10 pm

where can these kids with their expat parent to get school? maybe only have local schools where english class may be available for a temporary term.
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Return to Questions and answers