Just arrived in Yangzhou !

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Yangzhou, Jiangsu, or about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

Just arrived in Yangzhou !

Postby ptimarco » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:53 am

Hello everybody,

My name's Marco and I just arrived in Yangzhou, I was wondering where I could find an appropriate website to meet the Yangzhou expats, and apparently this is the only one i can find on the net, so i hope there's actually people who are checking it times to times :)

I'm a french teacher, 26 years old, working at yangzhou vocational college of industry, i'm not sure exactly about the name, it's not far from Auchan , the french supermarket.

So i'd be happy to meet some expats here and to know a little bit more about the city, as i've already seen it's a little town..

It would be nice if everybody introduce himself here and if somebody could make a list of the good places to eat , the good places to hang out and maybe some of the events coming..

I also would like to know if by chance there's a rock scene here with chinese and/or foreign bands playing..

thank you guys,

cheers!
ptimarco
Esquire

Re: Just arrived in Yangzhou !

Postby ken » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:02 pm

The only place here that has a band is The Old Brewery in the 1912 area. The band is from the Philippines and they are very good. There are many foreigners there on the weekend nights and that is about the only place you will be able to meet any.

Ken
ken

Postby steesh182 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Hey Marco. Welcome to YZ.

There's really not much of a rock scene, at least that I've heard about and I'm a fan of rock music too. The Filipino band won't satisfy that for you. I wouldn't say the Old brewery is the only place to meet foreigners either. There's been a massive increase in foreigners in YZ in the last year and I seen a new face almost everyday. Other places include Starbucks at the Living Mall for sure and any of the night clubs really. As for food there's plenty of good places to eat. Just depends on what kinda food you prefer really....
steesh182
Zijue / Viscount

Postby sdseddiem » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Hey Marco. Besides the Brewery, I go to Scarlett, a club nearby which has music and lot's of Chinese females.
sdseddiem
Qishi / Knight

Postby kingkocxr » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 am

Hi , guys, since you came to YZ because of different reasons, I recommend you to get to know more about the city, local people and China. No matter how it is to you, it is a chance for you to know more about this big country. I am here glad to help you for living or working in YZ.
kingkocxr

Postby Roulio » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello DaJia

Any laowai living in CaiYun Tiandi (east side of YZ) ?
Roulio
Qishi / Knight

Postby liveuk » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:40 am

Roulio wrote:Hello DaJia

Any laowai living in CaiYun Tiandi (east side of YZ) ?

Is that a residency building?
liveuk
Houjue / Marquess

Postby Roulio » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 am

yes ... Jiefang lu close to RAMADA Hotel
I know there are more laowai in the west just checking on the east side
living east cos i am working in Jiangdu so driving there everyday
Roulio
Qishi / Knight

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Same!
just arrived in yangzhou
french 26 yo
anything to do around
my company is stopping for chinese new year, any plans?

Return to Discussion and chat