New french guy in Yangzhou

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Yangzhou, Jiangsu, or about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

New french guy in Yangzhou

Postby huno » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:12 am

to admin: Thanks to delet this topic.
Last edited by huno on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
huno
Esquire

Re: New french guy in Yangzhou

Postby jgr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:44 am

hello there, a friend of mine is currently in Yangzhou. I heard that there are quite a few expats there. I don't live there though, so I can't give you more precise information about that place. But it's next to Nanjing and quite close to Wuxi, so you can go there to meet other expats when you are free. So I guess you are working or studying in Yangzhou?

huno wrote:Hi everybody !

It's 4am here in Korea and i'm looking around website related to yangzhou because I'll move there in 2 weeks and I'm pretty exited to start my new life.
I'm a 23years old French guy, my name is Arnaud ;)

It's for me totally new, i've been there once just 2 days to work. It looks very small city (compared to seoul where i've been living for 1year and half now) and i'm little bit worried to get borred to die there... Actually I use to go cubbing a lot lol anyway it's a good way for me to change my way of life too.
So i was wondering if there was some expat there ! I found this forum and it seems there is not that much.

Is there some people who've been living for a long time in yangzhou ? how is it ? Can you live in yangzhou without speaking chinese or it's very hard ?
When i've gone there I've gone to a bar there was pretty much foreigners, but i don't know if they were living in yangzhou or just exchange student etc.

I hope to make friends around my age too... I can imagine that young chinese student go to city as Nanijing to study in good univ ~
Can you tell me about your living place too ? how is it big, nice and cost ? to have an idea when i'll search for my apartment.

Sorry so many questions... people who are living there say hello !!
jgr

Postby huno » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:25 pm

to delet
Last edited by huno on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huno
Esquire

Postby iamsaying1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm

welcome and have a good life there!!
iamsaying1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jwhahn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 am

Hi huno, Like what you said Yangzhou is not a big city and there is only a small expatriate community. Check tout he city forum on this web and you will find some new expats who just arrived over recent months, and PM them. In downtown, there are foreigner bars but may not many French guys over there. Some expats work in Yangzhou Univeristy and the industrial park. Have fun!
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Postby daniel_ZHANGYP » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:17 am

Hi, how is your life in Yangzhou now? Are you surviving?
daniel_ZHANGYP

Postby alexss » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:03 pm

organize your expat community and make it stronger :lol:
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby claraclara » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Oh, me too!!! I have no friends there, I'll move to Yangzhou next week. I am so worried about what you've got worried about. :(
claraclara

Postby hankjmatt » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:02 pm

huno wrote:to admin: Thanks to delet this topic.

Nothing ???
hankjmatt
Esquire

Postby steesh182 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey, I'm a Brit newly arrived in Yangzhou, would really like to meet up with some westerners. Haven't seen any other white faces in the past 4 days and could do with at least sharing the stares :D. Let me know if you fancy meeting up for a couple of drinks one night.

Steesh
steesh182
Zijue / Viscount

Next

Return to Discussion and chat