New french guy in Yangzhou

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Yangzhou, Jiangsu, or about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

Classifieds11

Postby Classifieds11 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm

This was just the information I was looking for, great resource.Thanks For Sharing.
Classifieds11

Management Institutes in Pune

Postby MET » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:16 pm

nice posting..........its always great reading such posts, this post is good in regards of both knowledge as well as information.
MET

Re: New french guy in Yangzhou

Postby visitor » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:18 am

Yangzhou Chicka wrote:...1912 is a good section to meet foreigners (The Old Brewery restaurant, a relatively expensive western restaurant, and Soho Night Club are in this district) as is any expensive western restaurant and the Starbucks in the west end of Yangzhou (slightly out of town)...

I agree completly 1912 is the good place to hang out sometimes.
There is also a new Hong Kong style cafe opened near Soho Night club, called as far as I remember Jackey's cafe. Pretty clean and menu in English.nice place to hang out.
I liked there Kong kong bowl of dumplings with noodles and Goose is nice.
visitor

Postby eissa06 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am

I find this perfect for my research. As we all know,it is good to have ideas about Yangzhou,vasting knowledge.

TX-SR608
eissa06

Postby karenyen » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 pm

thanks for the insight provided. Very informative and conscise. I visited Da Ren Fa last week and could not find much imported items. Any where else I could purchase items like pasta?

thanks!
karenyen
Esquire

Postby tor.liu » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 pm

More expats have been coming to YZ over years. I know German government donated a lot of money to YZ for its municipal renovation plans. It is also related more convenient transportation after a railway line and a new Yongtze river bridge connects YZ to the southern part of Jiangsu. But I think the city needs to improve its services and I met a lot of arrogant locals and was served badly when eating in restaurants. ;)
tor.liu
Baijue / Earl

Postby Lena » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

Yangzhou is dramatically changing over the time.
The are number of supermarkets where you can find foreign food ( the basics). Beautiful gardens and parks, movies, coffee shops everywhere. Bread shops and bakery (Chinese style of course). It is green city place to relax and enjoy the local food and blue sky. A lot 's new hotels and shopping plaza's. Just find a friend who knows and can help you to explorer new places.
There is old historical districts and museums as well.
Want to meed ex pats very fast- go to 1 Starbucks shop and meet them :) right away, ask questions and you will be answered :)
Lena

Previous

Return to Discussion and chat