Introduce yourself YZ expat :)

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Yangzhou, Jiangsu, or about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

Introduce yourself YZ expat :)

Postby Elena » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:25 am

Hello there,

Let s us say hello here :)
My name is Elena, I am Russian , married to YZ man, have a baby boy almost 11 month now. I speak English and German.I am 31 year old.
Live in YZ for nearly 3 years. I love the city and people here. I am trying to speak Chinese :) and be a good mom to my baby boy :)
It would be nice to see who else and from which other countries to live here long-term. Hello everyone :)
Elena

Re: Introduce yourself YZ expat :)

Postby abbasidanyal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:18 am

Hi Elena and everyone else!

I'm Danny, 25, from the UK. I've been in Yangzhou since March this year, and I'll be here until 2012 at least. I'm teaching English at Shane English School, on Wen Hui Lu in the West of Yangzhou. I'm trying to learn Chinese, and depending on how that goes I may stay in China long-term, otherwise I might try South Korea next.

I run the Movie Night at Shane English School - we show movies in English/Chinese with subtitles, free entry. Email abbasi_danyal@yahoo.co.uk for more details.
abbasidanyal
Qishi / Knight

Postby Shanghai_Jack » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 am

Hi Danny,

My name is Steve and I am from the USA. Please don't hold that against me to much. I plan to relocate to Yangzhou in the coming months. My wife is a native of Yangzhou and we have a 7 year old son who will be relocating to Yangzhou along with my wife in the summer. I am currently looking into schools for foreign students for my son who will be in the third grade next year. I have heard of the Shane School but have no info regarding the school. Their website was mainly in Chinese, so it did not tell me much. As you probably can imagine, the list of questions from a concerned parents can be very extensive. My wife who is a native of Yangzhou and I have a home near the downtown business district where we will be relocating to. I was wondering where the Shane School is located in relation the downtown Yangzhou and about how far away the school is from the downtown area.

Best regards and have a joyous holiday and a safe and prosperous new year.
Steve
Shanghai_Jack

Postby Elena » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 am

Hello guys!
Thank you for joining :)
Are the any expat moms there? :oops: :)

Happy New Year 2011 and Merry Christmas :)
Elena

Postby Ekaps84 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi, guys! I'm Eric, a 26-year-old American. I'm arriving in Yangzhou on Sunday. I'll be studying Chinese and teaching English.
Any advice for a newcomer is more than welcome!
Ekaps84
Qishi / Knight

Postby kylz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 pm

hi all

glad to see how many foreigners there are in Yangzhou...
My name is Kylie...i am engaged to a Yangzhou man.

would love to meet some other foreign girls who have Yangzhou husbands or Boyfriends...

I have been in Yangzhou nearly 3 years and my Chinese has improved greatly!

hope to meet you...
we should organise some kind of meeting or something.
kylz

Postby Riku95 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 am

Hey there,

My mum is going to be teaching as part of her university course in Yangzhou over the summer holidays coming up, I'm 15 at the moment but by then I'll be 16. Will there be anything for me to do?...Well I mean like by myself without my mum? I don't exactly want to walk up to random people on the street or anything lol. Are there like social clubs or anything?
Riku95

Postby chinna14341 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 am

hi
i am leo .i am 23 years old.i had stayed in china for 5 years now.i am doing my doctors degree at south east university which is in nanjing,as part of my education program i have to do my internship at THE NORTHERN JIANGSU PEOPLES HOSPITAL which will be in march or june and will stay there for one year.i woulk like to know some people before i get there and meet some expats.if some one could send me a mail or message about the places near there and any starbucks,subway and western restaurants it would be nice.i am also looking for some part time jobs.

ciao,
leo.
chinna14341
Esquire

Postby julia1987 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Julia.I am new one in Yangzhou city. I would like to know some foreign friends there and spend time for the cup of coffee. If you re free in the weekend and feel boring, just let me know youlaz@hotmail.com or leave the msg on the my cellphone 15601458620. See you soonn...
julia1987
Esquire

Postby KPT » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:28 am

chinna14341 wrote:hi
i am leo .i am 23 years old.i had stayed in china for 5 years now.i am doing my doctors degree at south east university which is in nanjing,as part of my education program i have to do my internship at THE NORTHERN JIANGSU PEOPLES HOSPITAL which will be in march or june and will stay there for one year.i woulk like to know some people before i get there and meet some expats.if some one could send me a mail or message about the places near there and any starbucks,subway and western restaurants it would be nice.i am also looking for some part time jobs.

ciao,
leo.

Guess you are going to get your PhD or MD. i know there is a mall and several western style restaurants out there. good luck
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Next

Return to Discussion and chat