Any vegetarian restaurant in Nantong

Post a question about Jiangsu, its cities, its culture and any other stuffs you want to know!

Any vegetarian restaurant in Nantong

Postby guest » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:12 pm

Anybody knows any vegetarian restaurants in Nantong?? Thank you for your kind response!!!

Re: Any vegetarian restaurant in Nantong

Postby tingting » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:53 pm

I don't know any vegetarian restaurant in Nantong but I do know there is a buddhism vegetarian restaurant in Rugao city (under the jurisdiction of Nantong):

Ji Shan Yuan Vegetarian Co. Ltd
Address: 56 Xiushui Road, Rugao city
Tel: 513-8798 0977
Open: 6:00 - 21:00
tingting

Postby jwhahn » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Heard from one of my friends:

Langshan Hill, or Wolf Hill, is a tourist destination, where the famous Buddhism Temple, Guangjiao Temple, is on the summit of the hill. The temples has a vegetarian restaurant and opens to public, a good place for vegetarians. Try it but you need first to find Langshan Hill. See the link for direction

http://nantong.jiangsu.net/attraction/p ... tong&id=13
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Postby clair07 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:52 am

Yeap, many Buddhism temples are resources for vegetarian foods. They often have a or more vegetarian restaurants opening to the public, which are alway the best places to try.
clair07
Baijue / Earl

Postby ctin_2008 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:56 pm

Actually the Langshan is a low hill, about 100 meters in height, I guess. We missed the restaurant when we were there in March of this year.
ctin_2008

Postby Addies214 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Agree with all the previous recommendations. In addition, I have found (through dining with vegetarian friends) that most of the upscale restaurants with good chefs will make a special vegetarian dish for you upon request. If you are interested in going to one of those places. You may want to call ahead just to make sure.
Addies214

Postby mahes111 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh! nice web page , Relay fantastic
This site use full to all around the would, use it develop both.........

Restaurant Equipment
mahes111

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:28 am

all people are meat eaters :( ;)..... it's hard to find a place to eat no meat :lol:
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby StewFrankel » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Marie214 wrote:Agree with all the previous recommendations. In addition, I have found (through dining with vegetarian friends and at my favorite La Jolla Restaurants that most of the upscale restaurants with good chefs will make a special vegetarian dish for you upon request. If you are interested in going to one of those places. You may want to call ahead just to make sure.

Yes, this is a good alternative if a restaurant isn't listed as vegetarian. I've been successful at making requests when I was able to speak with the chef. Otherwise, instructions or requests can get lost in translation from hostess to chef.
StewFrankel

Return to Questions and answers