Transportation Nantong to Nanjing

Post a question about Jiangsu, its cities, its culture and any other stuffs you want to know!

Transportation Nantong to Nanjing

Postby alex » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:55 am

I will be moving to Nantong soon and I was wondering if anyone could tell me about travel times and costs between cities...using trains, buses, whatever:

NANJING to NANTONG

NANTONG to SUZHOU

NANTONG to SHANGHAI

NANTONG to HANGZHOU

thanks so much
alex

Re: Transportation Nantong to Nanjing

Postby starking73 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:13 am

there are two threads which asked the similar questions and you can have a look:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby jwhahn » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:10 am

the following is what I know about trains:

Nantong-Nanjing: train takeoff 14:28 or 18:40 or 15:24 (from nantong to Chuangqin, passing nanjing), rmb 44 for a hard seat, take 4 hrs around to Nanjing

Nantong-Shanghai or Suzhou: All trains of Nantong-Shanghai will pass Suzhou station. takeoff 5:55 am, take 6 hrs to Suzhou, 7 hrs to Shanghai. for a hard seat, coast less than rmb 100 to Shanghai, rmb70 something to Suzhou.

Nantong does not have train to Hangzhou, you have to arrive in Suzhou or Shangzhou, then transfer to another train or bus. But you also take transfer train in Nanjing, which has the Nanjing-Hangzhou Railway connecting two cities.

Lots of bus to these cities as well, Nantong to shanghai, about rmb50

Good luck
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Postby Jamoll » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 am

Nantong is a city located on the northern bank of Yangzi river, facing Shanghai. The other cities you asked are all are located on the southern bank of the river.There is no bridges available now between the city and Shanghai untill the Nantong-shanghai Yangtze Bridge possiblly opens in 2008, so that you have to take a ferry to cross the river now, taking about 20-30 min.

To Suzhou, you could either take a bus to shanghai first then to shzhou, or take a bus by crossing a Yangtze river bredge between Wuxi and Taizhou, the Jiangyin yangtze bridge.

To Nanjing, it'd better taking a train and its is the quickest way.
Jamoll

Postby den.lwe » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:57 am

i think you will like the city and its less polluted air.
den.lwe

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:07 pm

I live in Nantong.

By public transport best way to most places is by bus.

By bus:
NT-SH = around 3 hours
NT-SZ = 2.5 - 3 hours
NT-HZ = 5 hours
NT-NJ = 4 hours

The Sutong bridge opens in April but it won't carry trains. It should cut the travelling time to SH/SZ by about half an hour.

Trains go through Nanjing as they can't get across the river. No point getting train to SH/SZ. Train to NJ is about 4 hours. Train to HZ goes overnight and also goes to YiWu.

Postby EnglishDragon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:40 am

OMG no Soft seat (软座)? Travel by soft seat if you can, long journies with hard seat (standard) is really not great! Food on trains can be ok, nothing special, pretty basic, but ok! They also have sleepers, go for soft again if you can! Even softbeds are not soft! I like to stay in Western style hotels and ask for a western style (soft) bed, my wife says it is bad for our back, but I don't care, as standard hotel beds in China are like sleeping on the floor! Hotel Tip: Ask for an extra duvet and lay ontop of it, makes the bed a little softer!
EnglishDragon
Qishi / Knight

Postby EnglishDragon » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:43 am

Tip: Try to go to the toliet before you get on the train, like at your hotel and always take pocket tissues everywhere you go, as paper is never provided!
EnglishDragon
Qishi / Knight

Postby cater » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 am

i think you will like the city and its less polluted air. :lol:

Daily tell you a proverb.

By reading we enrich the mind, by conversation we polish it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
trumpet wedding dresses|evening dresses|mermaid wedding dresses|homecoming dresses
cater
Esquire

Return to Questions and answers