Post a question about Jiangsu, its cities, its culture and any other stuffs you want to know!


Postby kandbina » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Do I have to claim AARP payouts for hospital stays on federal taxes? Hi, my father in law has an AARP plan with pays out if he spends anytime in the hospital. Last year he had a brief stay in hospital and he submitted a claim to AARP and received a check for almost 500 dollars. Now I'm doing his taxes for him and he did not receive a 1099 form or anything of the sort for it. Does he have to claim this as taxable income or at all? Thanks for your help.
affiliateelite ~ ~ adgooroo ~
Last edited by kandbina on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: hospital

Postby alexss » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:07 am

You can download the form from federal tax office website.
User avatar
Gongjue / Duke
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:35 pm

Re: hospital

Postby jdor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:35 am

where are you? call the federal tax office to get the first hand information. I think you need to claim it.
Houjue / Marquess
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:03 am

Re: hospital

Postby KPT » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:38 am

I think this thread is for advertising but not for discussion. :x
User avatar
Houjue / Marquess
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:56 am

Return to Questions and answers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest