Teaching Positions in Jiangsu

Post a question about Jiangsu, its cities, its culture and any other stuffs you want to know!

Teaching Positions in Jiangsu

Postby BRUCE » Thu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm

I have been offererd an ESL Teaching position at Changshu Institute of Technology. Does anyone know anything about the University? What is it like to live in Changshu and in Jiangsu? Is it easy to travel within the city and to other major cities? What is the weather like? Anything else I should know? Thanks.
BRUCE
Esquire

Re: Teaching Positions in Jiangsu

Postby robb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 am

a small college in a small beautiful town...
robb

Postby jdor » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:33 am

Changshu is a small and quiet city. but if the college pays you well it is still worth to go... :)
jdor
Houjue / Marquess

Postby jwhahn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:54 am

I never hear this college and I guess it's in community college-style. In general major universities/institutions in China are mostly located in big cities but not in small cities/town. Changshu is not a big city so I guess...As the city is close to Shanghai its climate is similar to Shanghai, in a subtropics zone of China. As pollution is obvious as it is between Shanghai and Suzhou, the temperatures in summer often go between 25-35C or over sometimes and the wither is -5 to 5C in winters. Meiyu Season, a period of time with a mild rain but very humid and damp, starts from the late of June to the middle of July. its traffic for road transportation is convenient to Shanghai, Suzhou, etc... but you have to go shanghai for air travelling, no airport...safe and quiet...
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Return to Questions and answers