anybody from NANTONG ???

Post a question about Jiangsu, its cities, its culture and any other stuffs you want to know!

anybody from NANTONG ???

Postby sam4u » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:52 pm

hey hi guys , i have just arrived in nantong and looking for some friends........... so come up
sam4u
Qishi / Knight

Re: anybody from NANTONG ???

Postby jamol » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi sam4u,

I am sorry for not adding my positive link to your thread as I am not in Nantong. However, I do want to add one more question here for you or someone else to answer. A family or two from US are going to arrive in Nantong soon and they want to know if there is an international school for their kids, saying 8-14 years old. If you or somebody else know, please give an advice. Thanks a lot!
jamol
Qishi / Knight

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:24 am

sam4u wrote:hey hi guys , i have just arrived in nantong and looking for some friends........... so come up

where are you from originally?

Postby 3uatxbxb » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:33 pm

I am in Nantong! So you got email that I can reach you with?
3uatxbxb

Postby sam4u » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:16 am

ya man u can e-mail me at sumedh_china@yahoo.com,
waiting for u guys reply..............

and ya "jamol", i will surely find the information for u and let u know.....
sam4u
Qishi / Knight

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Hey Sam
I live in Nantong - loads of foreigners here but sparsely spread. Captains bar has a load of foreigners but its mainly shipyard guys who are not particularly friendly - they all hang out in their own little groups and don't talk to others and most of them have chinese hookers as girlfriends. Very sad.

There's loads of bars up Cheng Shan Lu but some of them have working girls in them. Check out Irish bar for a few friendly people, although it's not in any way Irish and sometimes a bit quiet.

What are you in to? Where are you from?
Bob

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:15 pm

jamol wrote:Hi sam4u,

I am sorry for not adding my positive link to your thread as I am not in Nantong. However, I do want to add one more question here for you or someone else to answer. A family or two from US are going to arrive in Nantong soon and they want to know if there is an international school for their kids, saying 8-14 years old. If you or somebody else know, please give an advice. Thanks a lot!

Unfortunately there is no International school in Nantong. There isn't even a decent restaurant!

Postby codgerdoc » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:44 am

i live in Nantong. Find it quite enjoyable.

Disagree with the analysis / comment on Captain's Bar. Yes, mostly ship workers, but I find them all to be friendly and sociable.

Other bars: Tiger Tiger on Duan Jia Ba Road and Hong Qiao road is a place for ex-pats and teachers.

Other places are Irish Pub, Achor Bar, Camino Bar, J.A.M Bar, Tiger Bar. All on the same street.

Decent restaurant: For western food, try Captain's Bar and Grill. A tad bit pricey - but still good none the less. Another place is Wen Feng Hotel. Excellent western food - great breakfast buffet. Nantong hotel has passable food. Hotel across from the Nantong hotel - forget the name right now - also has decent food, though a bit pricey.

Chinese food - Shanghai Restaurant just down the street from Captain's Bar has good Chinese food. A couple places across the street from Captain's also have some decent food.

Japanese food - there is a Japanese restaurant that has a special of all you can eat and drink for 100 Yuan. Never tried it myself, but I know others that go there frequently.
codgerdoc

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:13 pm

codgerdoc wrote:i live in Nantong. Find it quite enjoyable.

Disagree with the analysis / comment on Captain's Bar. Yes, mostly ship workers, but I find them all to be friendly and sociable.

Other bars: Tiger Tiger on Duan Jia Ba Road and Hong Qiao road is a place for ex-pats and teachers.

Other places are Irish Pub, Achor Bar, Camino Bar, J.A.M Bar, Tiger Bar. All on the same street.

Decent restaurant: For western food, try Captain's Bar and Grill. A tad bit pricey - but still good none the less. Another place is Wen Feng Hotel. Excellent western food - great breakfast buffet. Nantong hotel has passable food. Hotel across from the Nantong hotel - forget the name right now - also has decent food, though a bit pricey.

Chinese food - Shanghai Restaurant just down the street from Captain's Bar has good Chinese food. A couple places across the street from Captain's also have some decent food.

Japanese food - there is a Japanese restaurant that has a special of all you can eat and drink for 100 Yuan. Never tried it myself, but I know others that go there frequently.

Not so sure about friendly and sociable. Nantong's changed a lot recently. It used to be quite good fun but now that they've closed the bar strip with the hookers all the drunken seafarers have brought their troubles in to town. The behaviour of some of the ship yard workers can only be described as a disgrace and gives all us foreigners a bad name.

Postby alegol » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Guest wrote:
codgerdoc wrote:i live in Nantong. Find it quite enjoyable.

Not so sure about friendly and sociable. Nantong's changed a lot recently. It used to be quite good fun but now that they've closed the bar strip with the hookers all the drunken seafarers have brought their troubles in to town. The behaviour of some of the ship yard workers can only be described as a disgrace and gives all us foreigners a bad name.

Hi,
do you know any real estate agency/agent who could provide service to rent an apartment in Nantong?? Appreciate very much for any advice or suggestion! :)
alegol

Next

Return to Questions and answers