Suzhou subway or light rail line?

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Suzhou? Post your message here!

Suzhou subway or light rail line?

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Heard SZ has started to construct its metro subway system for years. Does anybody know when it will open to public/or has already run? And does one of its lines linking up with Shanghai metro line system? We are going to have three days planning to tour the city this summer, may take Shanghai metro line to enter the city that would be quicker and easier. Greatly appreciated for your information> :)
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Re: Suzhou subway or light rail line?

Postby laowai89 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi

From what i've heard, Line 1 is due to open on May 1st 2012 which will run east-west across the whole city. Unfortunately it won't connect with the Shanghai system at present although i've been reliably informed that by 2025 the Shanghai system will extend into Suzhou so you'll have a bit of a wait if you want to take the Metro to Suzhou - better off catching the train or the bus.

FYI - Line 1 won't connect to the railway station but Line 2 will when it opens in 2014. The Metro is more aimed at making short crosstown journeys e.g. from the city centre to the Suzhou Industrial Park rather than for long-distance journeys.
laowai89

Re: Suzhou subway or light rail line?

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:41 pm

laowai89 wrote:Hi

From what i've heard, Line 1 is due to open on May 1st 2012 which will run east-west across the whole city. Unfortunately it won't connect with the Shanghai system at present although i've been reliably informed that by 2025 the Shanghai system will extend into Suzhou so you'll have a bit of a wait if you want to take the Metro to Suzhou - better off catching the train or the bus.

FYI - Line 1 won't connect to the railway station but Line 2 will when it opens in 2014. The Metro is more aimed at making short crosstown journeys e.g. from the city centre to the Suzhou Industrial Park rather than for long-distance journeys.

thanks a lot for your information! I still took a train to Shanghai, high speed train, directly from the old Hongqia Airport.
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Return to Lifestyle and recreation