Suzhou cuisine

Looking for something fun to do? Some nice entertainment centers, clubs and restaurants, etc? Or you just want to chat about fun stuffs to do anywhere in Suzhou? Post your message here!

Suzhou cuisine

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:27 am

Living with my parants for more than 20 years ourside China, I am wondering if somebody can tell me the real differences among cuisines popular in the Eastern China. Local people tell me that Suzhou's foods differ in style with foods from Shanghai, Hangzhou and Huaiyang, but for me their tastes and styles are the same! Any comments are much appreciated! :D :)
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Re: Suzhou cuisine

Postby ddup » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:49 am

For me they are all the same
ddup

Postby jennwfinch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:07 pm

my chinese friend told me: they are similar style but Subangcai is sweeter, Hangbangcai is saltier
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Postby guest » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:31 am

Among these cuisines there are only minor differences. If you are not locals it is hard to distinguish them. Compared with Sichuan cuisine these popular delicacies are rare with hot peppers or chilli but use more sea foods, favor ingredient's original flavors, sweet, sometimes salty.

Postby yaowei » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:07 pm

ddup wrote:For me they are all the same

Agree, even though I live in here all the time.
yaowei
Nanjue / Baron

Postby KPT » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:09 am

the problems are how you make your orders while reading the menu in restaurant. there are some really populare dishes for the cuisine but you need to taste first to find out.
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby ChillWH » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:05 pm

litsen to advices and go with local friends.
KPT wrote:the problems are how you make your orders while reading the menu in restaurant. there are some really populare dishes for the cuisine but you need to taste first to find out.
ChillWH
Zijue / Viscount

Postby starking73 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:27 am

Dishes or cuisines popular in Suzhou and nearby cities in China's eastern provinces including Shanghai are all similar in tastes. The major differences between those cuisines and other foods such Sichuan/Guangdong are that they use less spices and not hot at all.
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby okreani » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:55 pm

:D fantastic foods and local snacks :D
okreani

Postby jwhahn » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:17 pm

FUllmoonfever wrote:all i know is that the food in Changzhou is much better than the food in Jinhua.

Changzhou' principal food should be similar with Huaiyang cruisine, the main style for the region.
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Next

Return to Lifestyle and recreation