Suzhou park recommendations?

Post a question about Suzhou, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

Re: Suzhou park recommendations?

Postby mvanlinden » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:49 pm

gusted wrote:I have been to Zhouzhuang last year, a fantastic wather town, but I've heard some others: Tongli, Luzi. Are they better than Zhouzhuang?

for me, i see nothing special but smaller.
mvanlinden

Postby millalee » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 am

those watertowns are fabulous with their original styles, including old houses with a water wharf at the backyard, stone arch bridges, narrow streets,...much beautiful than the modern "old town" in Beijing, opened in Beijing Olympics .
millalee

Postby tor.liu » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:27 am

du.gronberg wrote:I was just back from Hangzhou and am heading to Suzhou for a business/tour trip around mid October. I've heard there are tens of attractive sites in Suzhou I need to visit, parks, temples, gardens, etc. I want to get a general idea from anyone of you about those places which I may put on my must go list. 2 or 3 would fit better for my schedule. I got lots of free entries in Hangzhou but Suzhou seems different I've heard. Plese let me know and thanks a lot!

Humble Administration Garden and Tiger Hill
tor.liu
Baijue / Earl

Postby iamsaying1 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 pm

As a cultural city, I know there will be lots of celebrations in Suzhou during the Chinese new year period...the coming lantern event, foods, more...
iamsaying1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby kathyelo » Wed May 27, 2009 5:22 am

Is three-day plan enough for touring in Suzhou and its vicinity including Kunshan? Thank you for your input!
kathyelo

Postby cru » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm

kathyelo wrote:Is three-day plan enough for touring in Suzhou and its vicinity including Kunshan? Thank you for your input!

Depends on how many sites you want to tour & how detail you want to know. Kunshan is not a necessary place to go only if you are specifically interest in it.
cru

Postby skinnykiwi1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 am

Kunshan is beautiful and worth to go...better drive youself.
skinnykiwi1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby clair07 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 am

kathyelo wrote:Is three-day plan enough for touring in Suzhou and its vicinity including Kunshan? Thank you for your input!

3-5-days is enough for suzhou.
clair07
Baijue / Earl

Previous

Return to Questions and answers