expat family in Nantong

Post a question about Nantong, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

expat family in Nantong

Postby AIN » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi
I am about to move and work in Nantong. I am planning to bring my wife and son there with me. So i have a couple of questions which i will be glad if you can help to clarify:
a) What is a good place to live? ideally, i want a place that is convenient for the schooling of my son
b) Is there an international school that is recommended?
c) Is there an expat club and how big is it?
AIN

Re: expat family in Nantong

Postby nantongis » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am

Nantong International School, catering for the expatriate community, is currently being established in Nantong. This year it will be housed in a temporary facility while a new school building is constructed. Work on the new school has begun and it is located in the NETDA area of Nantong. If you require further information, feel free to contact me by email richardjackson.ntis@yahoo.com.
nantongis

Postby AIN » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:55 pm

I am looking for an accomodation in Nantong that is safe and accessible to malls and eateries and nice gym. Also, it should be near to schools for 5-10yrs old. Any recommendations?
AIN

Postby alexss » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:24 am

Depend on where your kid's school is. In general, the rent for downtown core is more expensive but it is safe and easy to access the gym, eateries and shopping malls... :)
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby AIN » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:11 am

Thks! When you recommend downtown core, is there a more specific street name or area? What kind of monthly rental should i budget?
AIN

Postby tor.liu » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:02 am

NT is not a big city and its city center is located around Hao He, a river passing the downtown area. Many hotels and good shopping area are around, between Hao West Lu and Hao East Lu and south to People's park area.
tor.liu
Baijue / Earl

Postby GmsnowGinasnow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:40 am

AIN wrote:Hi
I am about to move and work in Nantong. I am planning to bring my wife and son there with me. So i have a couple of questions which i will be glad if you can help to clarify:
a) What is a good place to live? ideally, i want a place that is convenient for the schooling of my son
b) Is there an international school that is recommended?
c) Is there an expat club and how big is it?

Hi there!

Wondering if you and your family have made the move to Nantong yet? My fiancé is there and I am moving with my son in 2 weeks. I have been there 2 times already. How old is your son? Do you have a an area of Nantong for living arrangements just yet?

Thx
GmsnowGinasnow

Return to Questions and answers