Lifestyle,Real Estate

Post a question about Nantong, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

Lifestyle,Real Estate

Postby hombre7 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:13 am

Hello everyone and thank you for reading my question,,,I've posted the same quetions in other forums but unfortunaly I din't get enough answers from it,,so I will give this one a try maybe this forum will be read more by people that live in Nantong,,so my questions are since I am moving to Nantong in the next 2 months I want to try to learn as much as possible about this City,, anyways I would like to know which are the best neiborghoods to live in Nantong and also how much does it cost to rent a very nice 2 bedroom apartment fully furnished,,,how is the night life? places to go? any information will be greatly appreciated,,,I am from Canada and as a foreinger I would like to meet some new friends,,I speak English,Italian,Spanish and some Portuguese,,,ok thank you and I will be happy to read your answers,,bye for now :D :lol: 8-)
hombre7
Qishi / Knight

Re: Lifestyle,Real Estate

Postby ivy_000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:30 am

Honestly, I don't have much idea about living in downtoan Nantong, coz I am from shanghai and I am now living in countryside Nantong ;) But the most commercial and most crowded street is Nan Da Jie, which locates many department stores and also supermarkets such as Carrie-fore and RT Mart. Living environment inside the scale of Hao River is nice. Dunno how much it costs to rent an apartment there though. There are bars, KTV in Nantong, but not as good as in Shanghai. Maybe you shall go to Shanghai for weekends:)
ivy_000
Zijue / Viscount

Postby ivy_000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:37 am

oh, i forgot, there's no starbucks or Costa coffee in Nantong, and it is really hard to find a good cafe :mrgreen: You'd better get prepared before you arrive. There's no good bakery either, unfortunately :( I usually buy garlic bread and egg tart in Metro supermarket :geek: There are lots of KFCs, which is amazing:s At least FOUR around Nan Da Jie area :!: But only one McD. What else? Um...I'll post here if I can ever think of anything else :evil: Right, there are lots of Japanese restaurants, not many western restaurants. May you have any further questions, you could add my msn (I'll msg you through this website). Ciao :mrgreen:
ivy_000
Zijue / Viscount

Postby Gug2008 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:12 am

a few of expats live in downtown, along the small river, or saying ponds , Haohe river, a good place for night entertaning, shopping, and very safe. Ikea seems opened months and you buy your furniture there.
Gug2008

Postby alexss » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 pm

I was only in town in a hotel, International Hotel, this year and spotted many foreigers there in the downtown core, a beartiful area. Sure are bars there but I didn't go. Have you read this informative thread about Nantong:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=66
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby karan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:10 pm

hi all ... I am coming 2 nantong on 11th Nov .. for 2 months .... I want to arrange a suitable accommodation .... may be a flat .. not to costly ... can someone suggest something ..... how much it costs ... is it easily available ... ???

thanks a lot
Karan
India
karan

Postby KPT » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:16 pm

I guess there has been no any real estate agent for expat communities in Nantong yet.
KPT
Houjue / Marquess

Postby ivy_000 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:52 am

You'd better ask a friend or collegue to talk to real estate agency together, so they will not overcharge you too much:) :roll:
ivy_000
Zijue / Viscount

Postby bac » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:00 pm

你好。 我叫阮方北有什么有正在上网马?
帮邙我正在找着公司 叫'Nantong Xinyue M - E Environment Protection Equipment Co. Ltd
在哪有哪本公司吗?

谢谢!
bac

Postby cte » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:11 am

bac wrote:你好。 我叫阮方北有什么有正在上网马?
帮邙我正在找着公司 叫'Nantong Xinyue M - E Environment Protection Equipment Co. Ltd
在哪有哪本公司吗?

谢谢!

I cound not find the firm for you, only a clothing company with a similar name. see the link http://www.qiyeyi.com/JiangSu/Nantong-X ... 54-en.html
cte

Next

Return to Questions and answers