Dog Friendly Nantong ?

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Jiangsu, about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

Dog Friendly Nantong ?

Postby SANDRA » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi....I am coming to Nantong to live for a couple of years and I am bringing my dogs, are there any English speaking vets in the area and does anyone know if there are any recommended vaccinations other than Rabies....Thanks
SANDRA
Esquire

Re: Dog Friendly Nantong ?

Postby alexss » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 pm

I am not sure if you can find an English speaking vet in Nantong, but I know there are a couple of pet hospitals in a Nantong's neighbor city, Suzhou, an hour driving or less. See the link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10
email the vet for more detail about vaccinations.
alexss
Gongjue / Duke

Postby starking73 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:37 am

Yes, people love pets very much and many locals have them, But I see few expats have dogs with them when I was in Nanjing. In some small town you see dogs walking on the streets.
starking73
Baijue / Earl

Postby Scott » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:36 pm

wow,
Great I love Dog, Its really nice pet, Often honest and inteleigent, I think dog can understand our style and action.
Every body love your dog and take care dog's,
Warm Request to save life of animal's as Dog , Horse And Cow's, Elephant, like this some good animal's are always goods for us.
If any body want to meet me send me private message, your most welcome.
Warm Regards
Scott
Scott
Qishi / Knight

Postby marcusnicholas » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:41 pm

I live in Beijing one and half years. In Beijing, import quarantine is four weeks, while in Shanghai it is only seven days. Vets in Beijing who have government approval can give the Rabies vaccination but in Shanghai only the government vets can give this vaccination. Hence it is important that you have a thorough understanding of these local regulations before arrival because this may even include where you live! To live within the 5th ring road in Beijing, one’s dog has to stand less than 35 cm at the shoulder.
Throughout China, dogs need to be registered yearly with the local police. This process is routine.
http://www.coachhiresloughuk.co.uk/
marcusnicholas
Nanjue / Baron

Return to Discussion and chat