The oldest Oriental Valentine's Day?

Talk about anything you want here! Anything about Jiangsu, about China, about life and about whatever! Feel free to share your views and opinions!

Re: The oldest Oriental Valentine's Day?

Postby liveuk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:02 pm

I've heard the China's own Valentine's Day is on July 7th of China Lunar Calendar. As the lunar months are about one month later so the day often fall in August.
liveuk
Houjue / Marquess

Postby tor.liu » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:42 am

Amych wrote:Do you know what is the oldest Oriental Valentine's Day? It is said that it is the Guizhou Sister Rice Festival ! Did anyone experience it before? What do you think of it compared with western Valentine's Day?

Why do these rices look different in colors, natural or dyed? sorry for asking :)
tor.liu
Baijue / Earl

Postby Decent4u » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:13 am

Hmmm thats really interesting post thanks.............
Decent4u

Postby jennwfinch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:20 pm

Amych wrote:Do you know what is the oldest Oriental Valentine's Day? It is said that it is the Guizhou Sister Rice Festival ! Did anyone experience it before? What do you think of it compared with western Valentine's Day?

It's nice to hear this festival! I've heard the Guizhou has a lot of minorities in China and each of them has its own fascinating customs to celebrate.
jennwfinch
Houjue / Marquess

Postby daavidfischer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:49 pm

That's a nice idea to celebrate the Valentine’s Day with different colors. After reading your post I love china's valentine's days and want to celebrate the next Valentine’s Day in China with my spouse. Here we don’t have any special fun for Valentine's Day except a new cinema. That's not really fun.

Return to Discussion and chat