Becoming a Foreign Professor in Nanjing

Post a question about Nanjing, its people, its culture, its entertainment, its food and any other stuffs you want to know!

Becoming a Foreign Professor in Nanjing

Postby mrobson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:35 am

I may be moving from Canada and taking up a professor position in Nanjing and would dearly love to get some information.

Thanks, Mark
mrobson
Esquire

Re: Becoming a Foreign Professor in Nanjing

Postby jwhahn » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:31 am

Mark,
I am not sure what information I would provide to you as you didn't post much detail. In general, Nanjing is a safe and open city like any other cities globally and you could easily meet expats, foreign friends. Traffic communication is convenient, including taxi, bus and subway, train, flight, and cheap. Eatery facilities are easy to find everywhere on city streets including western-style foods/restaurants.... Tim Hortons? not sure if you could find a location here for its fresh coffee! Rent for a residency is more expensive in downtown area but better to choose apartment close to your institution to save time during rush hours...
jwhahn
Gongjue / Duke

Postby laopi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 am

signature is under construction
laopi
Nanjue / Baron

Postby mrobson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks so much for the summary of facilities etc. in Nanjing. I know I wasn't specific but, right now, I'm facing the issue of how foreigners (Canadians especially) arrange medical benefits coverage.
mrobson
Esquire

Postby iamsaying1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:37 am

those hospital may be listed on what health organizations you may need to go:
http://nanjing.jiangsu.net/health/hospital/

Medical staff always advise patients to have an iv even the patient only has a common cold. Say to your doctors you don't need iv.
iamsaying1
Houjue / Marquess

Postby daavidfischer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Nanjing was one of the earliest established cities in what is now China. It is prominent place in Chinese history and culture and the capital of China. It is a beautiful place and a safe and open city like other cities. The living cost is not too high in Nanjing.

Return to Questions and answers